New book "100 Crochet Projects" is fantastic!

CLLinda

Hi gang!

I just opened my mail today and in it was the book "100 Crochet Projects" by Jean Leinhauser and Rita Weiss. I thumbed through it and found many great projects. There is a round ripple done in Baby Clouds yarn that looks great, tank tops, hats, bikini cover ups, pillows and many other things. And the yarns look great and they are pretty easy to optain. :yarn

I can't wait to make a round ripple in pretty pink colors for the new niece of my neighbor. With all you guys making the round ripples, I have to give it a try.

The book is great. It is from the Sterling Publishing Company in New York. It is well worth it. I can't wait to try these patterns!

Linda:manyheart

• 2 weeks later...

I just ordered 100 Crochet Projects from Amazon and am looking forward

to receiving it. I have many books by Jean Leinhauser and Rita Weiss (some go back about 25 years, the original 7 Day afghan book and Weekend Afghans) and they are very talented ladies. In fact, when I was having a problem with something from another recent book, I emailed Sterling Publishing, they forwarded it to Jean and she was kind enough to reply a couple of times.

Have fun with it!!!

LI Roe

It's a great book! I started the round ripple in it. It is very easy to follow their pattern! It's well worth the price!

Linda:manyheart

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Linda, just saw your post regarding "100 Crochet Projects". One of my designs is supposed to be in it. Could you check for me please. It's called "Loopi - Sheep Measuring Tape". It could be re-worded but Jean & Rita said it would be in that book. Awaiting your reply.

Thanx in advance.

I'm dying to try the afghan on the cover (like I don't have enough WIPs), but I detest Red Heart, so I'm probably going to try to find similar Simply Soft colors...

Hi Linda, just saw your post regarding "100 Crochet Projects". One of my designs is supposed to be in it. Could you check for me please. It's called "Loopi - Sheep Measuring Tape". It could be re-worded but Jean & Rita said it would be in that book. Awaiting your reply.

Thanx in advance.

Hi. It's LI Roe answering (not Linda) but I do have that book (got it last week) and I checked that for you. It is on page 240 and it is called Loopy Tape Measure. Does have a picture of it, it is so cute. Congrats on having a pattern published.

LI Roe

Hi. It's LI Roe answering (not Linda) but I do have that book (got it last week) and I checked that for you. It is on page 240 and it is called Loopy Tape Measure. Does have a picture of it, it is so cute. Congrats on having a pattern published.

LI Roe

Hi LI Roe, thanx for checking and letting me know. I'm supposed to get a free copy from Jean & Rita but haven't yet. Went to the bookstore & Michael's yesterday to look thru it but none have it yet or sold out. Linda did respond to my post thru PMs. Thanx for letting me know tho. When I first designed Loopi, I had the pattern posted for free on my website. That's where Jean & Rita saw it, emailed me and bought the pattern from me. Several members of C'ville got the pattern before I had to remove it from my site. That was my very first published design. How exciting to see it published. Many more to come in the near future.

Hi Diamond,

You are quite welcome. I am not a designed by any means, so I appreciate the talent and hard work of those who do, otherwise I would just be doing granny squares for the rest of my life.

Keep up the good work. Looking forward to seeing more in the future.

LI Roe

When I first designed Loopi, I had the pattern posted for free on my website. That's where Jean & Rita saw it, emailed me and bought the pattern from me. Several members of C'ville got the pattern before I had to remove it from my site. That was my very first published design. How exciting to see it published. Many more to come in the near future.

I KNEW when I saw that pattern in there I'd seen it before and it was someone from here! Congrats!

• 1 month later...

Just got a copy of this book (bought it at Half.com) and there's lots of nice patterns in here. Some that I will definitely be doing, some that I might make for someone but aren't really my thing and some I will be making with a few adjustments. For example, there's a great skirt in here that I'll love to make, but in a less --- abbreviated --- version.

The Loopy Tape Measure is really cute. I don't know why, but I get the giggles looking at it. :lol

• 3 months later...

I bought this book on amazon.com several months ago (definately before Xmas)... It has lots of great patterns.I havent had a chance to try any yet, but several are on my "wish list"...

Archived