Beaded fringe

Hi, I'm looking for an online source of something that I saw in a couple yarn shops. Basically they were beaded fringe on a loop of ribbon. You could attach these to the edges of a scarf instead of doing a yarn fringe. I have tried doing a search but I'm not coming up with what I'm really looking for. Does anyone know what I am talking about? LOL!

Guest mishakitty78

I think I know what you're talking about. It's sort of like a trim, right? Just a length of fabric or ribbon with the beaded stuff on it?

That's readily available in craft/fabric stores like JoAnn's. I've never been to Hobby Lobby, but if they have fabric and trims, it might be there. And I've seen it at really good prices in Wal Mart, too. Also, online try MJ Trims. I believe they have it.

If that doesn't help, let me know and I can post some links on making it yourself (if you want to go that direction).

Hope this helps!

Melissa

No, unfortunately I'm not talking about the trim that is readily found, I've used that for sewing projects. This is more on the lines of a single loop of ribbon with a dangle of beads on it, you attach it the same way you would attach a length of yarn to make it a fringe (slipping it through a hole and looping it through).

Blah, I know I'm not being clear. LOL!

I have never seen that, just yesterday I bought some cheap beads to attach to fringe, I plan on just stringing one on and tie a knot under one and repeat, I have not tried this yet, but will soon. If any one has any other suggestions I also would love to have them.

I think what you're talking about is like the beaded crochet scarf trim in the new Simply Creative Crochet magazine. That might be a source to help you out, if you can locate a copy!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Yarnentangled

I want to make that beaded crochet scarf so badly. That what got me to purchase that magazine last weekend. I cannot find purty glass beads at any of the craft stores right now that are big enough. I may have to order it from millhill.com. Come to find out that Lion Brand yarn has been discontinued:mad . I really hate it when projects feature discontinued materials.

Coincidently that article is taken directly from Lily Chin's book"Knit and Crochet With Beads" which I happened to puruse at the book store. Beaded crochet looks really difficult but I followed the directions in the magazine and practiced with some cheapo plastic pony beads. It was really easy.

Now I have to find a substitute yarn for the Lion Brand yarn featured in the mag. :irked

what yarn was it? i can look here in wash state. and so could others if they wanted to. even though a yarn has been discontined, it might still be hanging around somewhere:thinking1 also you might contact lion brand directly. also have you tried herschners or patterworks(although i don't think they carry lion brand) but oh do they have some wonderful yarn in the catalouge:wowdrool :wow drool:wowdrool :wow drool:wowdrool :wow drool:wowdrool :wow drool:wowdrool :wow drool:wowdrool can you imagine spending 50.00 for a small skein of yarn about 100 yards?:eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek i guess if i ever had any extra money it wouldn't be so bad, but its hard to find a job when you are disabled. i am always told oh we are not hiring, and of course can't prove that they are discriminating against me so phooey.....:irked :irked :irked :irked :irked :irked oh well leaves me more time to craft!!!!! and crochet!!!! :hug2 vicki

Archived