Desperate need for cat toys & blankies

Tapanga

Awww..the photo of the cat in the box literally brought tears to my eyes. I am a cat lover to a T and I will try and make a few things and get them shipped out to you. You have a big heart and I applaud you for giving these kitties the attention they so dearly need.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Awww..the photo of the cat in the box literally brought tears to my eyes. I am a cat lover to a T and I will try and make a few things and get them shipped out to you. You have a big heart and I applaud you for giving these kitties the attention they so dearly need.

Ditto......I just had to wipe the tears away. All the pics, especially the one of the little black & white kitty in the bed.....:manyheart . My goal today, make some things to send out for these lovely kitties to use. I, myself, own 8 wonderful kitty cats and to see them play and be happy is like no other feeling.

You are a wonderful person for doing this. You are their angel! And every living thing deserves a wonderful angel like you :hug

Great pictures...Cute Babies!!!. aww.... very close to getting my box done..... :yay Awesome Job you guys!!! :clap:c9

You are absolutely right! Every little bit DOES help. ONE toy/blanket/bed can make a huge difference especially with these guys since they all tend to share.

I am going again tonight to give out some serious love. My goal this evening to brush and clip as many nails as I can. Some of these cats have more mats than fur, and if I can pretty them up a bit maybe someone will look more closely at them when they come to adopt.

And all the toys make happy cats, and again may make them more appealing to a potential adopter.

I have a bunch of things ready to mail to you this week. My own rescue (all 10) are even getting into this. Seeing pics of the cats being so happy and playful with their new toys is a joy. It will really bring their personalies out and when someone comes looking for a new kitty they will see that. You are doing a great job with them and they look to you as thier angel. I am sure there is a place for you across the rainbow bridge waiting.

Thank you all so much for your continued hooking and all the tired fingers!

We are still volunteering and cleaning, and on Saturaday we made it in to just love on everyone. My 2 toddlers, my husband and I spent about 2 hours just walking around loving everyone. It was both heartwrenching and rewarding.

There are a couple that have managed to endear themselves to my hubby. He is allergic to cats, so for him to go and help at the shelter is a huge deal. And he is more a dog person :) We have talked about getting one of the shelter cats, but this weekend he gave the final ok. Now its just a matter of picking on that will fit in with our little family. I am so excited though! To bring one home!! Its so hard to choose though. I feel like taking one is abandoning the rest. *sigh* I wish I had homes for them all....

. . .of LB homespun the color of "the dog ate a box of crayons and then threw up" . . .

There's a yarn description I *will* be stealing, because it beats the heck out of ugly as sin! I like it! (and I've got the brother to that skein!):devil

-- anyway, thanks for the excuse to make some more of these Otama dudes . . .

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.otama.tv%2Fetc%2Fmake.asp&langpair=ja%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools

Hi Tapanga,

I mailed my snugglies, some aren't too big, but sometimes cats just like a little yarn to nuzzle up to. I also sent some catnip.

Love the pictures. Your husband is such a good guy, and your daughter is adorable! She was right in there with all the cats.

You're the best.

:hug Hi, Just wanted to let you know that I mailed the 1st of 2 pkgs today. This one is full of cat nip toys!! I hope to be getting the 2nd ready soon!! :hook

Just a quick update. Got 2 boxes of goodies!

Jchllm, I got your box! Thank you for all the little blankies! And the twisty toys! I love how thick they are. And the circle toys! I would never have thought of making those, they're awesome! I know the kitties are going to get a kick out them!

Greyling, You minx! You sent me another whole box of goodies! Blankies, treats (I know they never get those!), moving mice, and CATNIP! I am on cloud nine today!

I think when we are done with these babies, they are going to be so spoiled they won't want to leave the shelter!

I can tell you that a few have gained some weight, and the director told me that since there are more blankies, there have been less fights breaking out between the cats, AND less "accidental" marking/peeing. I think it helps to have a small piece of the world that is all your own.

:hug

Hi, If you are still accepting them, I have a few kitty blankets I made up and would love to send them, along with some other goodies. The pictures you took of your first delivery are just adorable!! You are definitely making a difference for those adorable kitties. Please let me know what I should do....thanks!

YAY! Two more packages have made it! Thank you wildthing1058 and AndiM! Lots of toys! I can't wait to show up with these! I am becoming a favorite girl there. The cats know I bring goodies now and chase me until I hand them out!

I will get pics at the next trip!

More pics please!!! :) I'm sure they are just filled with joy after hearing about the boxes of goodies you are bringing to them. It makes me so sad to see that ALL these beautiful kitties don't have homes.

Our local shelter doesn't have very many cats and they go home pretty quickly. What is the name of the shelter if I may ask?

You are such an angel to be doing this. I can't imagine how sad it must be. Let's get those kitties adopted! Can you maybe do some advertising for them or highlight specific kitties on a local website or whatever. They just HAVE to get adopted!!!!!

Of course I don't mind you asking what the shelter's name is! Its a branch of the Humane Society called Adopt-A-Cat. They actually have some of their kitties featured on a few adoption sites, and I am going to try to get some pics up at the local stores.

I have discovered that alot of these cats have behavioral & health issues. I was hoping to adopt one, but the ones that tolerated my daughters both had issues. Alot of them have been adopted and returned due to peeing around the house. But coming from a place like this its expected. But I can understand not wanting to deal with that. I know I can't.

Another problem is that people just drop the cats off, without asking if they have room. They just leave them.

I will get more pics for you! Last couple of times I left the camera in the car so I didn't have to carry around. But by the time I made it back to the car and remembered the camera I was to tired and depressed to go back in. That place kills me.

Love to all

YAY! Two more packages have made it! Thank you wildthing1058 and AndiM! Lots of toys! I can't wait to show up with these! I am becoming a favorite girl there. The cats know I bring goodies now and chase me until I hand them out!

I will get pics at the next trip!

:clap Yeah! I'm glad the toys arrived. I have blankets coming soon too if you still are needing them. I have a friend who is a cat rescuer here in Ohio and works with Friends of Pets. There was a big ta do story here in our area of trapping and ... don't wish to think about that. People complained that strays dug up gardens. If that's all the cats do they should be thankful. A dog on the loose can bite someone and they get rabies then who's sorry you know ? Anyways, I've been forwarding the pictures onto Donna, my friend, and they really make her heart pick up you see she was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer in April this year and is in stage 4. Unfortnately no surgery options are available for her. So she's doing chemo in hopes of buying more time. Anyways, YES we'd love to see more pictures!! I wish more people would open their hearts to cats.. they get a bad rap but all they want is love like everybody else.... we'll keep doing as long as you need us!! :manyheart:hook

Archived