I had a blast last night!!!!

First in the afternoon I went to Hobby Lobby to get yarn for my secret pal's last gift project. I also ended up with some stuff for RAOK's, some red cotton thread they were clearancing (gonna be valentine bookmarks!), 3 big balls of Aunt Lydia's Quick Denim thread(which I adore!!) that was marked half price at 1.99, cable needles for knitting, a yarn end weaver, and more supplies for stitch markers.

Then I joined my knitting buddy at a brand new lys in the downtown art district.:hyper It's called STRING! and although it's really tiny, it was so awesome!! Most of the shop is full of couches, cushy chairs & coffee tables. There were a ton of great books, both knitting & crochet:eek2 , needles & hooks for sale, one little wall of yarn (what I would call mid-priced from 3.90 to 11.00 with a couple of luxury ones thrown in for your drooling pleasure!....angora...cashmere....silk:cloud9 ). The other corner of the shop was a coffee bar :tea complete with muffins, biscotti & cookies!!!

I was there for 4 hours and came out with a good idea which books I want, a double mocha for 2.75 and 3 skeins of a gorgeous slubbed cotton yarn (orchid color) from Crystal Palace($3.90), and a HUGE ball of boa-like eyelash yarn called "Splash" from Crystal Palace for ($4.95).

The owner was totally awesome, young (maybe late 20's-early 30ish) and cool with my leaving a big stack of my freshly printed business cards on her counter!!! She also booked me for Saturday nites twice a month so I can move my Crochet Meet-up's over there!! Then I came home and hubby was waiting anxiously to ball my new yarn. :)h He's soooo sweet. :)h

Anyway I just had to share my exciting evening with ya'll. Wish some of you could have been there too, would've been awesome!!!

~Rebecca

How exciting for you, Rebecca! It's so nice to find a place where you can feel the comraderie... unfortunately, most of the LYS's around me have a bias against crocheters, and don't even sell hooks or crochet patterns. I would love to see those pics once you get them developed...

Oh my gosh, Carmen do you want to meet up???!!!! The shop is called STRING! and it's on on 3rd street near Peoria, downtown. Please email me!!! I'd love to meet you there!!!

And Karen, when are you coming home?????!!!!!

~REbecca

Awww Rebecca, we haven't got any trips planned. And it's been 6 years since I've been home!! £$, ya know? sigh.....

Sounds like a fun place, though, and I hope the store is successful long-term.

Archived