Blog Feeds

jennmwalsh

We have a section for blogs and their buttons links...but now with blog feeds popping up, I thought maybe we should have a section on who has blog feeds, and the blog feed address. I know I'd like to make it easier for myself to put everyone's in :)

My blog is listed below, and the feed address is

http://findingher.blogspot.com/atom.xml

Thanks to Donna for getting me into that :)

Kari, I thought that you had to activate it though...I had to activate mine...

And Dot, it's for people who use something called news readers...like http://www.bloglines.com, for example. If you have one set up, the site will send a message to the readers through something called a feed every time you update. That way, people aren't needlessly clicking through their links list to see who has and has not updated...the bloglines page will have all the blogs you read on the left hand side, for example, and highlight the ones that have updated, and how many times they've updated since the last time you read the news feed.

Hope that wasn't too complicated!

*had to edit this, I called Dot, Deb, thinking of my aunt, and not my mom! (mom's name is Dot). D names are getting me mixed up!*

Guest SamplerLady

Netscape has a tool in the Bookmark Management that notifies me when a site has changed. So that would serve the same purpose, yes? puzzled.gif

If you have a bloglines.com account (which is free and you will absolutely :pump it), you can add a Subscribe with Bloglines link to your browser link bar. When you are on a blog that you like, you can click on the link and it will search for a feed for you. You can subscribe to the blog after selecting which feed you want to use (sometimes there are more than one). After that, you will get notified every time someone updates their blog. I'm doing so much better, keeping up with blog entries now. Instead of waiting to read blogs when I have an hour or so to sit, now I get notified throughout the day of any updates. I love bloglines!

It's how I knew, this morning, that Dot had a lovely new round poncho on her site. I'll bet she didn't know she had a feed, but she does. :)) Just get that link for your browser, then go to her blog and click on it when you are there. It will find the feed for you and you can subscribe to it. Here is a link to the list of blogs I am subscribed to so far, and I'm adding more every day. Now I really do have the time to keep up. :thumbsup

You're welcome, Jenn! Great idea to list blog feeds. :thumbsup But let's do it in the Your Blog thread instead. That way it will be more organized -- people can see the blog and the feed location in the same post. I'm going to go edit that thread to mention that people should include their feed locations, too. :))

Well, no :ohdear I did not know I had one of those whatchacallits. :rofl Sounded interesting to me so I followed your links :ducky and signed up :computer and have no idea at all how to use it :eek2 I don't even know how to fill out the simplest form they asked for. :blah :blah So, can you help me, Julie :? :? :? :danc

I signed up for bloglines last Friday, and LOVE it already. It is soooooooooo much more time-effective.

My problem now is that I use diaryland, and there's no "Feed option" for me to activate, meaning I'll have to add something manually or else switch blog tools (which I don't want to do right now). Any advice on how to make a feed by scratch? :fc I found one site with notepad instructions, but am curious if I can get ahold of something even easier (dreaming....).

Thanks!

I had someone email me asking me to turn on my blog feed because she tried to add my site to her bloglines and my site wouldnt work. When I went into blogger to turn it on, I saw that it was already on - but it didnt work for her?? Is there something else Im supposed to do?

Maybe just going and looking at the setting got it to work. I couldn't find a feed for your blog before, but now when I go it magically appears. :day I know you didn't do it personally for me, but thanks Chelle!! :danc

:( Well, I have tried to add a feed to my diaryland site, but I can't figure it out. I have pieces figured out, but I can't make it work.

I have emailed the company to see if there's some switch I can activate, but no reply. I wrote an rss feed html file, but don't know where to stick it in the coding.

So for now, I hope you all will continue to visit my site "manually"--I know it needs updated, but that will happen soon, too.....:frog

Chelle, your blog feed works for me now, too, and it didn't before. Thanks for enabling your feed! :thumbsup

Michelle, yeah, it is really hard to set up a feed yourself. I don't have a clue about it. We'll just still click for you! :D!

• 5 weeks later...

Archived