Flower Themed CAL - Afghans, Bookmarks, Scarf, etc.

Krystal16

Thank you Kathryn and Krystal! It is tougher than I thought to work with that little itty bitty thread! lol.....:lol But it is coming along! It is now about 8 inches in diameter, and I still have a ways to go yet, so I know it will be very large when it is finished...No plans yet as to what I will do with it Kathryn.....are you making the same afghan that Krystal is making? And I hope your husband had a great birthday! My eldest son's birthday is next Saturday! Krystal, can you post a photo of the problem? Are you getting the proper gauge? Maybe your hook is too big or too small and by changing the size you can fix the problem.....better to change it now before you make more squares!!!:eek

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Debbie, Yes, Krystal and I are making the same afghan. I saw hers and just had to have one! I'm not getting too far as I am working diligently on my snowflake afghan. It is almost finished-10 more snowflakes to go and then piece together my strips!

I think he enjoyed his birthday. The grandchildren made pictures and cards and taped them up around the house. My daughter also put up balloons to make it more festive. It put a smile on his face after a long day at work.

Debbie - honestly, my gauge is good. I'm really careful about it. The square itself is quite bulky, so that's likely part of the problem. Also, I joined it using a different method, and that might be another part of the problem. I can't post a pic now, I'm expecting company any minute. I am going to make more squares and join those with whipstitch and see if it's better. Then I'll frog what I've done and rejoin if I need to. I'm not too worried at this point - it's an afghan and will stretch and relax where it needs to as it washes.

Red heart is 2/$3 at my local ACMoore, can't wait to go there. I just got an invite to a wedding shower - I am diligently searching my pattern books for something that will look good in those colors. This one might have to sit on the burner while I'm doing that one - shower in 3 weeks....black, charcoal, gray, red....should be easy to match, at least....

Krystal, I see from your signature line that you like to make afghans, so I guess you know what you are doing and that the squares will relax and settle down.......I would just hate to see you going and going only to have the afghan less than spectacular in the end.....LOL so you will go to a shower soon? Well then, lucky you! I am sure the Bride to be will receive a lovely gift straight from your hooks! I too, work on my doily little by little. Have lots of UFO's that have to get done....like a hobo bag I made for my daughter...the crocheting is all done, but I still have to line it....(UGH!) I HATE sewing! And she is anxious to get her bag! So, we can take our time with this, more people will come and join up, some will stay make something and then go, that is what is great with these CALS, no rules or time limits!

We are quickly being pushed off the board by the more crowded CALs.....so even if we are not crocheting much on our floral projects at the moment we still need to chat a bit to hold our ground! LOL

Thanks, I have heard of that movie and my kids have watched it (more than once), but I haven't sat through it. So, being naive, what were your thoughts? i.e. is anyone here? or ?

Hello there Kathryn and Krystal:clap ! I have been busy today too! Are we only three people in this CAL:hook :hook :hook ? That is what it seems like to me! Lady_of_Roses....are you joining our CAL too? That would be nice...The more- the merrier ! And just for the record I saw Ferris Bueller's day off with my kids.....cute teen sort of film.....anyway....I was actually working on a purse for most of today because my daughter wants it done like last week!:blush So I do not have anything new to show on my doily, but I hope to work on it more tomarrow! I hate having so many UFOs, and then trying to finish up everything at the same time! What have you ladies been up to lately?

Hello Group!:clap How are you all doing? I have been working on my doily....now that it is getting bigger, it takes longer to get all the way around....but I like the way it is turning out..So how are you ladies doing?

Lady_of_Roses....are you joining our CAL too? That would be nice...The more- the merrier !
Not right now. I'm still slowly accumulating yarn for an afghan that has some flowers on it, but I don't have the time or yarn required yet.

I'm still working on this MAM afghan. "Mile A Minute" is a FARCE, let me tell you! I could have finished a traditional afghan in under 2 weeks, but this thing, I"m going to be right down to the wire trying to finish it! AAARGH!!!

Baby steps Krystal! LOL! It is such a beautiful afghan......it is well worth the time it takes to make it! Just set realistic goals and it will get done before you know it! Little by little:yes

Hope that everyone is doing OK, I am really posting this just to keep us on the first page of the CALs as we were very close to being knocked onto page two.....Hope to hear something from you soon!

I washed and dried them, and they are almost perfectly flat - the remaining bubble is just from having so many stitches in the daisy, and the weight of the rest of the blanket will pull that out. I'm on my way again!!! As soon as I finish my MAM, that is!

Hi Krystal, glad to hear that your lumps and bumps problem has cleared up! LOL:lol .....have you heard anything from Kathrine? I hope that all is well with her....

I just got back from vacation. No internet and no time to hook! I won't be able to start on my flowers again until Monday (too many inquisitive children & grandchildren around).

Krystal, I'm glad to hear washing helped smooth everything out.

No, I took my yarn but never wasn't able to hook a stitch! Vacation was very nice. We went to Mackinaw and the island with all of the children and grandchildren. I will be back to normal activities on Monday. It is good to be home and sleeping in my own bed!

Did you see what today's free pattern was on Annie's Attic? Les Fleurs doily!!! I wonder if we'll have anyone else join us now?

Only 5 more motifs to do on my MAM, but each takes me a day, then to join. I'll be back here in a week, or less!

Where's everyone else?

Archived