Flower Themed CAL - Afghans, Bookmarks, Scarf, etc.

Krystal16

Great Job, Lisa! How big did it turn out to be?

I don't know where my tape measure is... but it looks roughly to be twin bed size. It's laying out on my husbands side of our King bed. LOL

btw Krystal.. did you ever see the r/w/b blanket I finished with your daisy pattern? If not.. it's here

I loved doing it.. very addicting.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have just started ANOTHER afghan... it's daisies (not my pattern) from the "Crocheter's Garden of Afghans" book. The pattern is called "Grandmother's Lace"..

Is there anyone out there doing something with flowers in it, that would like to jump-start this CAL back into life? I'll be here for a good month with this one!

Hi Krystal!

I will join you!! I'm working on an afghan for my mom's 65th birthday. I'm making the Carons "Rose Trellis" afghan pattern that I found on the Michaels website. Here's the link:

http://www.michaels.com/art/online/projectsheet?pid=24059

I've finished 2 of the squares already. I didn't do the last row on them because I'm not sure how I will be joining them all together yet. I still want to just keep it at 12 squares to make it "A dozen roses" theme and I may have to either make plain filler squares to add in or just add on a large border around the 12 roses to make the afghan larger. :think For now, I concentrating on finishing the 12 rose squares first. I really love how the roses look 3Dish. It is much prettier than I expected. :manyheart I will be working away at this to make sure I finish it in time to mail it up to her for her birthday by Sept. 25th! I'll update as I go along and will keep checking back in to see if anyone else has joined us!

Looking forward to seeing your progress on the Grandmothers Lace afghan!! :cheer

Here's a photo of what my squares look like now: (sorry kind of dark)

rosetrellis.jpg

The Rose Trellis afghan is beautiful! I would love to join this CAL. I just finished the Florabunda scarf by Gourmet Crochet last week. Once I get to JoAnn's or Michael's, I'm going to start the Lion Brand Microspun Flowered Scarf. I'm trying to get some Xmas gifts done early for SIL's!

I love anything crocheted with flowers!:manyheart

Kim

Here's a photo of what my squares look like now:

rosetrellis.jpg

OH WoW! I love those colours. I love dark red roses so you have touched a soft spot for me. I can't wait to see how this one goes.

I have always loved this CAL. :manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Anyone still out there??! Thanks for the nice comments from all of you. Hope to see some other posts/updates soon! I always love seeing what everyone else is working on. I've been chugging away at this Rose Trellis lapghan squares since I first posted. I have only 3 more squares to finish and I will have the dozen roses crocheted!! I decided that I'll join them all together as in the pattern instead of doing something different. I found a border edging that I saw that I think would look so pretty with these squares so I think I'll be doing that. It will allow me to add a ribbon all around the entire afghan too and ends with scallopped edge. In case you notice in the photo that the roses aren't the same size, well I did that on purpose. I thought up a smaller rose to go along with the large ones. Both are 3Dish and I hope they look nice next to the original big ones. Just like in real life, you have roses that are more closed and some that are more open and that is the effect I was going for I guess.

Heres a pic of what I've done so far. 9 done and 3 of the small roses to go!! When I'm done with the last 3 I will reorder them so it goes big rose, small rose, etc...I just threw these down to give an idea of what its looking like so far. I hope to be finished with this whole thing by next Wed so that I can package it up and mail up to my Mom in time for the big b-day!! :hook

roseafghan.jpg

Here's a close up of the smaller rose.

smallrose.jpg

Very pretty...

The Granny Lace afghan that I had started for the charity thing turned out to be too pretty, so I decided to keep it. Only thing is that NOW that I don't have a deadline, and it's for me, it is going to get put to the end of the line. I have my blue star to finish for myself, then this one can get finished...

But, I'm here to cheer you on! :cheer

• 2 weeks later...

I finally finished the Rose Trellis afghan for my moms 65th bday. I mailed it out yesterday and so she will get it tomorrow. I can't wait to hear from her when she opens it up!! I hope she will love it!

I ended up joining the squares together by following the pattern. It really surprised me how quick and easy the joining went along. I bet it would look nice with lots of other squares too so I'll have to remember that for the future. :hook This is only my 2nd afghan made by squares so I'm still learning as I go. I am so happy that I went ahead and did this pattern for my mom. I think it is so beautiful. :manyheart A dozen red roses for her that will last forever!

Thanks to everyone for all the nice comments! I'm sure that I'll be checking back in soon with another floral project to crochet! I love flowers....so this thread is one of my favorites here at Crochetville!

rosetrellisafghan.jpg

• 1 month later...
I thought of this CAL as soon as I saw the Annie's Attic pattern for today

http://www.anniesattic.com/free_pattern_day/index.html

so this CAL gets a :bump It wouldn't break my heart if we had a major interest in this one again

That's beautiful!! I am working on a Garden Party Wrap from one of the Leisure Arts booklets that would qualify for this CAL....I'm going to finish it and then look at making the Annie pattern. :yes

Kim

Archived