Geeky crochet

Look at this awesome project... I just thought I'd share because I've never seen crochet used in mathematic in such a Einstein type of way! I think it's kool! Maybe someday I'll make it...:dreaming... nah I don't think I have the brains for it LOL:blush

p.s. the site opens in Adobe Reader if you don't have it you can download it free here it really is a good program and a safe one :)

I've seen it before. But, then again, I have made several Hyperbolic planes. I got the pattern out of an Interweave Crochet magazine a year ago. But, I found the pattern (as part of a professional paper) here. It's not the best written pattern, but it's there.

I know ! isn't it amazing?!? I like maths too I guess that's why I love it so much...like I said maybe someday I'll try it :dreaming

There was another thread on this a while back. I think it would make a lovely Christmas decoration for my department if done in green and red (I'm in physics). :) I have too many other projects going on, though...

Thank you for posting it Knitted_painting, I am kinda new here too; 2 months, and I have never seen it before! It is really cool and I doubt that I can do it, because I do not even understand the basic math involved there:blush , but it is still interesting to see crocheting representing something like that!

Oh sorry I didn't know it's been posted before...I've only been here for like 2 weeks sorry:blush

No problem. Certain interesting crochets tend to get posted repeatedly. It just means it captures people's attention. I didn't mean to sound like I was picking on you.

Always glad to have more "geeks" on Crochetville! :clap

I didn't mean to sound like I was picking on you.

Always glad to have more "geeks" on Crochetville! :clap

Noo you didn't sound like you were picking on me :) I just felt silly thinking I was the first to post and then finding out it's old news lol:blush Geeks unite! :woo

:welcome to the 'Ville, knitted_painting!

This really is cool. (That can be read as I am a geek! :D)

Katie45694 here posted Cute Crochet Story about this back in March. If you click on the link to her pics that is in her siggy you can go see the one she made. It's under Katies Crochet in her photo album.

Pat Ashforth and Steve Plummer do a fantastic job of feeding the geek in all of us

:D . See how they combine math and both knit and crochet on their web site (THUD)

http://www.mentalblocks.co.uk/ .

Although I have bought several of their booklets, I haven't made anything from the booklets but I love reading them:P .

Archived