Look what I got

I got all this yarn from Free cycle yesterday..

I have some black angora(hmm something to make for me :) )

and there is some patons Jenny and a bunch of other black novelty yarns in the one box.. I will use most of this yarn for the hot heads progect, but the good novelty stuff I will use for personal use..

100_3286.jpg

Hmm... maybe I should sign up. Get a little, give a little. Maybe I could even get rid of some things Sweety doesn't use anymore... like the Crossbow gym thing that's taking up space I could use as a craft room. :bad

~Tricia

I think it would be nice to have a Freecycle thing here at Crochetville. I realize that there is a section for "Sale/Trade/Free" stuff, but there's not a lot of free stuff there. I know that sounds very selfish of me, but don't have a lot of extra $$$ to buy, and my stash is teenie tiny so trading doesn't work for me either. Just my :twocents

i just went to the site. they have a goto button and a join button. when i click on the join button, my outlook express is the mail program it tries to use. at present my outlook express will not work. ( i unfortunately updated from ie5 to ie6 and now outlook is screwed) when i click the goto button, i get taken to the yahoo group site. is the yahoo group the same as joining thru email. do i have to send an email to join cause i'd rather sign up for the group.

<span style="font-family:comic sans ms; color:purple;">I signed up through the yahoo group for my local one. If you've got a yahoo id, you can join right there at the yahoo group. As far as I know you'll have to wait to be accepted, but then you should be able to post.</span>

wow congrats.

Our freecycle here has been a big bust for yarn.

I did get to give a bunch of the boy's toys to a lady for her boys for christmas and that made it worth it. But recently they ran a big thing in the local paper about it and now we're overrun with "Wants". I had to set up a filter just to keep track lol.

:rotfl

OOPS! I figured I better clarify that they were old toys he didn't play with! hhe

Archived