color suggestions

ok, so i found this really pretty poncho pattern. i want to make one because it looks fun to try. i just can't decide on a color to try. i think dark wouldn't show the flowers to well, and we are heading towards spring....what do you all think?

Petal Stitch Poncho

Jessi

personally i think dark would look great over spring colours .. as light would look good over darker colours.. i think as long as you wore soemthing contrasting under.. whatever colour you chose would be nice

i am certain however that you dont want to do a varigate on this because that just detracts from the stitch and the yarn..

I am looking at some grape colored chenille right now......hmmmmmmmm...what do you think? Too heavy? *sigh* oh, the choices!!!!:lol

I agree, no variegated. Thank you!

Jessi

oh grape chenille:wowdrool :wow drool:wowdrool now that is going to be one beautiful poncho. evas site is so nice too isn't it? she has awesome patterns. who is the lucky person who gets it, please tell me your making it for yourself!!!!!:rotfl :rotfl or a friend, (i want to be your friend:rotfl who ever gets it is going to be so happy with it. yummmmmmmy grape chennile:wowdrool :wow drool vicki

oh yes, i wanted to make it for myself. grape chenille....i just won it off of ebay (Melanie's store) and it looks so so yummy. I cannot wait to get my hands....and my hook....on it!! want to peek??

grape royal purple chenille

and silly me didn't realize how much of it there was when I bidded...that tell's you how excited I was over the color....not that I am complaining!!

:bounce Jessi

:eek2 Oh my gosh!! I am so jealous! I actually wanted that color when I first saw it in another auction (same gal) but the bidding went up rather high. I think it will make a gorgeous poncho!

Because of your first post which I saw this morning :D! I started on this pattern and have almost 5 repetitions done already. Beautiful pattern, very easy once you get started.

I have 4 orders to make and another huge order for the boutique and Im starting on a poncho :bang Well, good news is that it's for my shawl/poncho swap pal :)

Thanks Chelle.....so the pattern is kind of easy once you get going? Good, then I'm not scared ot it anymore!!! I can't wait to get the yarn, so does it say what I paid for it in the link? Do you think that was a good price? I figure so for the amount!!!

Jessi

I think it's a great price! The shipping on it will be a pretty penny though. I just won two auctions from her and have received my yarn already - it was almost $12 for about 5 lbs of yarn- to me it was worth it because the yarn was at an awesome price IMO.

ANYHOW THREEOLIVE are you ignoring my message to you in your ez-inbox? HMMMM??? :wink Hey, if you want, you can throw in some of that grape chenille :hee

Archived