OOP Crochet Books

I am seeking recommendations for sites other than Ebay to purchase out of print or hard to find crochet publications. In the past I have visited sites that specialize in used craft publications but I can't seem to locate them. Ebay seems to be a less attractive venue for these purchases then it once was, mostly due to the fact that many sellers now omit the title of the publication so that bidders are unable to compare prices or determine the rarity of the item. I'm not looking for bargains, just a fair price with reasonable shipping. Thanks for your help.

EugeneClarence

Have you checked out the Recycling Center here at Crochetville (the For Sale Trade or Free)?

Also under Clinic is "Seeking Patterns." You might want to start a thread and list the publications you are looking for.

Older books can often be tracked down on half.com. For leaflets and patterns, try Etsy, under Commercial Supplies. Also try blujay.com. Etsy and Blujay are both fixed price, so you don't have the hassles of bidding.

Amazon.com has a pretty good selection of crochet books. I was just looking at it the other night. Lots of ppl list their old books on there. There are some auctions, and some straight sales. Just do a search and then there will be a link that says "New and used", click that and see what's there.

for some really vintage patterns... check out

http://www.ivarose.com

not cheap, but very interesting.

Paton's Collection of Knitting & Crochet Receipts #3 c.1903 even has patterns for what looks like crocheted shoes (maybe they're just slippers?)

I buy almost all my in print publications from Amazon because I live in rural New Mexico where the closest bookstore is over 100 miles away. Used books however are always problem purchases. You would think I would know something about used books because I paid for my college as a rare book scout. That was so many years ago that it does not count for much. When I first started using the Internet I was enthralled with its capacity to help me find any title with just a word search. I never would have guessed that for OOP crochet books Ebay would become the principal venue and that the trend would be toward obscuring the title of the publication, rendering searches much more difficult. So much for the consternation of the old timers. Thank you all for your most helpful suggestions. So many at crochetville are very generous in sharing their knowledge.

EugeneClarence

Archived