United and free afgahn Anyone?

Jimmie Lu

I just got the June 2006 Crochet World and want to do the United and free afgahn.

Anyone want to join me?

Rules- BUY THE MAGAZINE! Please Do not ask anyone to copy or share there patterns with you!

You need an afgahn hook because the blocks are done in afgahn stitch and then the stses are cross stitched.

So whos with me?

Is this the one that's got all 50 states on it? Yep, I took one look at it and realized I can't torture myself with that one. Can't wait to see how yours turns out though!

P.S. Yes, this pattern can be done either with the afghan hook or a regular crochet hook. Whatever is easiest for you...

well I have abandoned the afgahn stitch and am doing it in SC it seems like it will be just as nice maybe a bit bigger but who cares if its bigger right?

It is my plan to make the 50 sqs and then cross stitch the states on it. I am going to use this in our RV. I always wanted a magnetic map so others could see what states we visited. So at this point I am planning to mark the states we have been to with a ribbon and the ones un visited with out and attach the ribbon later.

Any takers or am I all alone?

• 3 weeks later...

I don't have time right now, but am going to go back and do this one, my son just informed me he is signing up for the Navy, so I will be making it with just the Navy symbol before long.

Archived