How and when do you buy yarn?

i buy any yarn that works out at less than £1.50 a ball if i like it and there is enough of it to make something decent, so say 2 or more balls.

THANK GOODNESS i dont have much money, or i would have so much more :s

I buy yarn for a project that I absolutely positively have to do right now

I buy yarn 'cause it's on sale

I buy yarn 'cause it's pretty

I buy yarn 'cause I'm having a bad day

I buy yarn 'caues I'm having a good day

I buy yarn 'cause I have a coupon

All of the above minus the coupon....how do you get yarn coupons?? =S :lol: I just buy yarn that I think is a reasonable price like...£2 lol yea "xampx" I'm the same I have to force myself to stay away from this yarn shop on ebay or I'll want to buy it all....but luckily I can't cuz I'm poor lol!

Ditto. My husband keeps telling me "No More Yarn." But it doesn't work. If it's on sale and feels yummy I gotta have it. I think I have Solitaire beat for storage containers. Mine are the 50+ size that have been broken down into baby, chunky, thread, high-end, cotton and misc. I have been giving some away to schools, childcares and the like. Just the stuff that there isn't enough to really do anything with.

Rosemary

I love to get yarn on sale and them find something to make ..I don't have a big stash because I try to spead my addiction around a little to cross-stitch and quilting material and sewing so they don't feel left out..:hook Thank God I am allergic to wool :yarn because that would be more for me to get .:lol

I buy yarn all the time. When AC Moore has it on sale (usually the 2 for $3 sale) I stock up. Yup, I'm the lady with the full cart. Then when ever I am working on a project I usually buy 2 or 3 more skeins then I really need. My name is Toni and I am a yarn addict.:blush

I buy yarn for a project that I absolutely positively have to do right now

I buy yarn 'cause it's on sale

I buy yarn 'cause it's pretty

I buy yarn 'cause I'm having a bad day

I buy yarn 'caues I'm having a good day

I buy yarn 'cause I have a coupon

I'm with this one...all of the above reasons sound really good to me.

When I started crocheting about two years ago I said that I would only buy a pattern, the yarn for it and the hook for it. When I was half done with that project, I could start looking for the next, etc. Well, as we all know - that doesn't work! I have 18 gal totes filled with yarn, hooks, thread, patterns, everything.

I do use the JoAnn's coupons when they have them and will buy yarn - it is so expensive (like everything else), that I hate to not use a coupon. I did this with an afghan I want to make this winter - it calls for Homespun which is very expensive around here. Everytime there was a coupon, I would go and buy a skein. Now it has only cost me about half of what I would have paid buying it all at one time without coupons.

I have my mom watching the garage sales, so far nothing this year, but last year got some yarn and some hooks.

Once in awhile I buy cause it's pretty. If it is a clearance, I will always buy four skeins of the same color - I usually don't know what I would use it for, but four skeins would cover a scarf and more.

Now that it is time to start the xmas things I want to make, I carry a list of the yarns I need, quantity, hook (if I don't already have it) and anything else needed. That way, whenever I am out shopping, I might run across something I need. Especially when I go with friends and we go on a shopping day to some place we have never been - I almost always see a craft store or yarn shop to stop in.

I don't need a reason to buy! *lol* I buy yarn pretty much every time I'm in Wal-Mart, Michael's, etc. Thankfully, I don't visit high-end yarn stores, so the yarn doesn't TOTALLY break the bank. I'm guilty of buying a brand new skein of yarn just to use a tiny bit for a project, instead of just settling for one I already have - just to buy new yarn XD I do, however, try to buy during sales. Back before Christmas when I was first getting into crocheting, Michael's was having a huge yarn sale, so I bought nearly $100 worth - and am only a little way through it! I am also doing a poncho for a friend, and I bought the yarn for that from Michael's 50% off regular price. Sales = Good!

Archived