Homespun Afghan Done!

Stephanie

I finally finished my Homespun Afghan. :cheer I did it in Tudor which is mostly brown, with slight amounts of blue, red and yellow mixed in.

The pattern is from Lion Brand yarns and entitled Waterfall. It's a very simple stitch (single crochet in the back loop only) using 2 strands which results in a very soft ribbing. This is so cozy and it's the first afghan I've made for me in at least 15 years. BTW, if I could properly drape an afghan, they wouldn't look all stretched out!

Stephanie

148501971.jpg

I hope you live in a place you can really enjoy it. My 2nd afghan was homespun in tudor and some type of maroon color...it was a real hit with my sister (I never keep anything for myself) I really LOVE the homespun. I think I'm going to try it with two strands. I live in upstate NY and in the winter I can only imagine a nice heavy SOFT homespun...the tudor really matches ANY decor. I recommend it to anyone. I would also recommend purchasing as much as you need right upfront. the color varies depending on the dye lot....if you have to go back for more...it might not be the same.

:)

I really like the homespun yarn. Just wish I could use afghans more here in hot Cali. I made a lapghan for my MIL out of it and it was so soft and comfy, I had a hard time parting with it.

Onica

Archived