Testers found, but look anyway for info on second round!

Melissa

Testers have been contacted for this project! Please do not volunteer, anyone else, you'll make me feel bad to turn you down. :(However, if you are another size and are interested in this sweater, if you post or pm me with your measurements, I will try to make sure the size range for the next round includes you.

I need 3 testers to make my sweater, which currently makes ONE SIZE ONLY. However, the styling and the stitch pattern make this a very adjustable sweater. It fits my 41" bust, and I estimate that it should easily fit a few inches in either direction. (I'm going with 38-44 inches as a sizing range, but the outer limits there are tenative.) In addition, I tried it on today and with the edging draped slightly differently, it still fit me attractively despite the fact that I am now 6 months pregnant. :danceNot that I'm going to be wearing it any time soon (too warm), but useful to know.

At any rate, below are some pics: this project will require a J hook and 24 ounces of Lion Brand Wool-Ease. Please respond to this thread to volunteer. Don't worry, larger-or-smaller-ladies: pending sucessful testing of the base size, I plan to attempt resizing, and I will then make a new post for the new sizes, where you can volunteer to test those.

Oh, if you are interested in the sweater but do not fit the size currently offered, if you post with your bust measurement and the circumference of your upper arm, I will eagerly take those numbers into account when resizing. :lol

148947954_297cad4895_m.jpg

148947956_37d888acd3_m.jpg

HOPEFULLY these images are clickable for larger views. Hey, look, I had a waist!

What a great sweater! I would love to help with testing it. :)

I'm a tiny bit smaller than the pattern, but not by much -- 38" bust, and uh.... (just a sec! measuring!) 11.5" upper arm. I'd be happy to test either for this round or the resized -- let me know!

It's just beautiful! I love the sleeves! I'd love to test but still can't pick up a crochet hook. In 2 weeks I'll be back to hooking and would love to test on the next round!

What a great sweater! I would love to help with testing it. :)

I'm a tiny bit smaller than the pattern, but not by much -- 38" bust, and uh.... (just a sec! measuring!) 11.5" upper arm. I'd be happy to test either for this round or the resized -- let me know!

I'll tell you a secret, since I've checked out your blog, and you seem like the kind of person who will find this amusing. Just for you, I took an Ace bandage to my boobs, squished them down to 38", and tried on the sweater. It fits beautifully, although I definitely look diferent with three inches squished off my bustline. :blinkThis size for you, definitely (my arm measurement was 12 inches, if I remember). I'm sending you a pm, and you should be warned....I'm adding you to my bloglinks. :lol

Okay, Melissa, I'm sending you a pm. :)

And donnalynn, if you post (or send me) your measurements, I will try to make sure that a size that will fit you is included in the next round. :hook

I'll tell you a secret, since I've checked out your blog, and you seem like the kind of person who will find this amusing. Just for you, I took an Ace bandage to my boobs, squished them down to 38", and tried on the sweater. It fits beautifully, although I definitely look diferent with three inches squished off my bustline. :blinkThis size for you, definitely (my arm measurement was 12 inches, if I remember). I'm sending you a pm, and you should be warned....I'm adding you to my bloglinks. :lol

LOL, that's great! Can't say I've ever had anybody wrap themselves up in Ace bandages for me before! So touching... almost makes me want to cry. (Well, not really. Ok, maybe kinda... but only because it made me giggle so much! :lol )

Thanks for letting me test this for you -- and for the link! :D

I would do it...how does it compare in relation to something like...let's say..so simple crochet? I have done the shrug in that book...i have also done shrugalicious...and I have also modified that same shrugalicious to a smaller size to fit my 9 yr old.

Let me know if you need me to test.

Melissa, if you need testers for the second round... I am a 35" bust and 10.5 upper arm. A medium in tops. It's a pretty sweater. :hook

Tina

Archived