Anyone want to donate bookmarks?

Gran

I've become a volunteer letter-writer of the prayer ministry at church. I write to those who are in the hospital, or in rehab, or in nursing homes, or are convalescing at home, as well as to shut-ins, and those who are grieving for various reasons, both young and old.

I'd like to include bookmarks, whether religious, or simply pretty or cheerful, in some of the cards and letters I send.

If you feel drawn to donating bookmarks, would you be so kind as to PM me here on C'ville?

Many, many thanks.

Do you have a deadline as to when you would like the bookmarks? I can try to make some, if you don't need them like tomorrow. After I finish with some squares for Jimmie Lu, I can see what I can do to help you with the bookmarks. Do you need them stiffened? I pefer mine to be "soft"....as they are.....when they are finished being crocheted.

Daisy.

I would be glad to make some if you can give me a week or so to get them made up and send me your mailing address.

Corky

Thanks for the interest. I don't have a deadline. I'm trying to keep up a pace of a dozen letlters/cards each week, and as far as I know there are 80+ shut-ins, and an additionally changing weekly list of 10-25 people. I have the idea to send each of them a bookmark by summer.

However many you'd want to do is fine with me. I plan to do keep doing this volunteer writing for many years.

Okay Gran.......As soon as I have a few done, I will let you know and send you a pm to ask where you would like them to be sent.

Daisy.

Gran, can you resend your message to me? I went to my inbox, but it was full....so your message didn't come through. I had to delete my old stuff, so I should get your new pm. Thanks,

Daisy.

received your address and will crochet some on my next trip to visit my grandchildren. As long as I know this is on-going I can do one when I need a break form other things too.:hug It sounds like a great hing to do for people

Bookmarks of any kind are fine with me--crocheted with thread or yarn. They don't even need to be crocheted if you want to use other talents and skills as well. My idea is just to send folks something hand made, that is small and flat enough to send in a greeting card. As the letters are part of a prayer ministry, the bookmarks could be religious, or just something that would bring a smile, or are elegant, or even whimsical.

Thanks very much for all your interest and offers.

A very big thank you to those of you who've offered to make bookmarks. If anyone would like to donate bookmarks, could you please send me a PM?

You guys are maniacs. :clap I'd like to help too! Did you make thread ones that fast???? I'll have to try them, I've don't lots pf potholders, but not bookmarks, got patterns though.

I don't undersand the PM thing! Help with that please.

Thanks to each and all! The bookmarks I've received thus far are ones I know will bring comfort and cheer to their recipients. As soon as I have enough for the basic mailing list, I'll be asking my liaison at the church to help pick out which one for whom! Many, many thanks.

Lighttoe: Here's a link on sending PMs: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=34

If you click on the User Control Panel (on the left side of the blue line at the top of the Crochetville page) you can follow the steps in the link.

I don' think that I am quick..Ijust make simple ones from thread because I thought that quanity was important in the beginning..I don't have a great deal of patterns but want to help by doing the simple ones that I can do.:hug

Archived