i need help quick

CROCHETCHICK28

Question

im making a baby blanket and its in the shell stitch and with a f hook and ok i chain on it then called the shell stitch and and its curving up on me ive done un do it alot to get it right and i got get this done by next week what do i do. i hate to go any further like that it will be curve all the way thru....:( thanks tasha 2d05b518.jpg

7 answers to this question

If you haven't gone past the first few rows, it will probably straighten itself out once you do. Long chains tend to curl and act strangely until they have a few rows of crocheting after them. Do make sure that you are reading the pattern correctly, not adding or losing any stitches at the ends, that sort of thing, but unless you have gone several rows in and you still have curving and curling, I wouldn't worry too much.

Mellisa's right, the first few rows can look awful. If it still keeps curving after another row of shells, you're adding too many stitches.

after seeing a picture it looks like you need to do the base chain in a hook 1-2 sizes larger and use theright hook when you get to the pattern

I agree, while I was working on the 63 square afghan I had to do my chains in a bigger hook because I couldn't chain loose enough.

Archived