Adriafil Tank

Do you know what type of yarn this is? I'm not familiar with it and would have to substitute to make it. My GD would like this I think, she usually doesn't like anything that I do but that is 14 for you!

Maybe you can make it out of Lion Brand Suede...that's what the material looks like to me.

Or Ribbon Yarn

Or Chenille Yarn

Or 2 strands of Soft Mercerized Crochet Thread?

I may have to make the squares bigger so it would fir me :))

Hope This Helps!!

• 1 month later...

I would like to join this CAL. My GD is just 13 and I think she might like this one. Her mother might like it better who knows. I will start as soon as I can get some yarn to work it in.

This link shows the Adriafil Rafia yarn that is used in the pattern. Looks just like raffia to me.

http://www.adriafil.it/index.html?pos=33&id_pagina=2&id_lingua=2&id_filato=IF&PHPSESSID=c86435e0cd507db590a4c2c5f2d77101

So I think yarndiva's idea of ribbon might be best.

Hey, I'd be willing to give it a try. I really need a new tank top and I like how it fits over a thin-strapped t-shirt. I love the pattern, thanks for the link.

I found this web page with an upclose of the Rafia yarn (is it really yarn?). A dumb question: If it's made with 100% wood pulp, can you wash it? :lol I'll see if I have an equivalent yarn (what's comparable with raffia?) in my stash and if I can find something that gives me the gauge, I'm in!! :yay

Cheers. :hook

Okay, I thought I'd try this using Patons Katrina hoping the extra stretch would help with the fit. I started the back using a 5.5 mm hook and, so far so good! :yay

I was coasting along just fine after realizing the following:

• the stitches shown in the legend are European. Duh, I should have known that since it's an Italian pattern. Once I converted them and worked the chart, I was fine.

I thought I'd skip ahead and start the front since it looked somewhat tricky. Now I'm stumped and here's where I need help.

It says to cast on a chain of 5 stitches, and end with a 1 sc loop (this seems similar to how you'd begin a granny square), then work following the chart. Do I:

• work the leaf pattern first and, if so, where do I start? I see, "1, 2, 3, 4" which I assume means rows but it doesn't make sense to me...
  • work the outside edge of the square at the point where it says "beg. of work". That seems the most logical (especially when it says to chain 5 stitches, but how do I join the outside to the leaves on the inside?

HELP, I can't go further until I figure this out. :think

Well I started the pattern last evening. I didn't get very far. It took me a while to realize I was looking at European stitches, so after I frogged a few times getting the popcorn stitch straight, I frogged again to change all of the stitches to the correct stitch:sigh

I am using Lion Brand Micro Spun and an H hook. Seems to be good so far. I don't normally do a gauge swatch, I kind of work it as I go.

Work today has been fairly ugly so I don't know when I will get home tonight or how I will feel about trying to figure out crochet when I do get there. It has been a true mornign from :bang:thair:irk and :devil I am sure has been involved.

Sorry I did not see your post on your problems with the front first, I could have started there. Let me know if you get it figured and I will try it as soon as I can.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry ladies I have been very busy lately and have not had time to work on this project. :oops I am taking a business law class that has gotten very busy and work has also gotten a bit crazy. So has life :eek My son is in the Coast Guard and will be transfering this month to California. :( That means I need to get all the grandchildren time I can before they go:sigh

Of course this is finals week for class too which adds to the insanity! Hopefully I will be back on track soon and get going again on this pattern.

Just to give you an idea on the leaves they are similar to ones I have seen in thread crochet doilies. I believe they are worked on both sides of the intitial chain.

I printed this pattern out a few days ago! Mind if I join you all? I plan on doing mine with Sugar n Cream in wine color. I hope the gauge will work out okay. This will be my first crochet-along. I can't wait to get going on it!

• 3 weeks later...

Well ladies I just can't figure out the front of this top. The leaves come out looking pretty bad no matter what I do and I don't see a way to connect them except to just crochet them together. To keep from having to frog this just one more time I am giving up for now. If anyone else has better luck please post and let us know.

Archived