Crochet -a- Quilt

JulieKay

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello all,

I really want to work on the Around the world afghan that was done on the original post of this thread. Does anyone have the pattern they can share. I have not been able to find the magazine that it came from. I just started crocheting about 3 months ago and I am currently working on my third afghan which have all been for other people. I would like to do the quilt for myself.

Thanks,

Pam

Pam you just make squares and then keep joining them around til you make it as big as you want it to be. there is a pattern for it underneath that and it pretty much says the same thing. JulieKay did this one she might be able to shed some more light on it for you .

Darski what a very pretty ghan I love the colors.

Darski -- That looks beautiful! I love the colors. :manyheart

My PS has been put on the back burner until I finish the Christmas gifts for my family. But I have been spending some time looking through the Country Afghans book that I got last weekend and also online at quilt blocks and am planning out my next quiltghan. But I am being a good girl and refuse to start crocheting the next one until I finish the Christmas gifts and the PS.

Hi Ladies

I am among those of you yet to do this one. I still WANT to do it really bad, so maybe we can all jump in at some point together on it and boost each other along . It'll be awhile til I am ready to start it myself, but will keep an eye out for you guys then try to start along with you .

Hi Ladies

I am among those of you yet to do this one. I still WANT to do it really bad, so maybe we can all jump in at some point together on it and boost each other along . It'll be awhile til I am ready to start it myself, but will keep an eye out for you guys then try to start along with you .

Absolutely - I am seriously looking at the new year - just because someone sent my month of October thru Winzip and it just about disappeared on me.

Reality is that I am pretty much booked till January with other stuff I'm doing but this would also give me a chance to pick colours and start buying wht I may need.

Has anyone ever made a Prairie star in black/white/grey colours?

Hi Darski

I don't recall seeing any of them done in that color, so it may be an original !

I have no clue what colors I'd use. I have looked at yarn SO many times for this, and there are so many choices to make, it's hard to figure out which one to go with .

I think I will look for some yarns in that black and white range with some tweeds or whatever for interest.

It is difficult to prepare unusual colour choices when you only have Walmart as a source.

I do have a Mary Maxim catalog on order - that could help

Darski

I know what you mean about Walmart, that's the main place I yarn shop too. There are other places, but quite a drive from here and in a BIG city. I'm from Hicksville, where we have 3 red lights in the whole town. I get pretty FRAZZLED when I drive in a lot of traffic . It's just easier to go to Walmart . I'm not very patient about ORDERING yarn - :lol

I agree with all you have to say - I am not in a three-light town but still a challenge for yarn shopping. My nearest Michaels is an hour and a half away and I can't seem to interest drivers into going there.

Patience is a four letter word to me so I checked online and as long as I get a catalog soon, I can order my stuff and have it here for the new year. they have 7 yarns that I could try in my black/grey/white line but I think something more would be needed. some punch...hmmmnnn

Darski.... Your tumbling blocks look great!! Beautiful colors.

Julie... Now that prairie star is not that hard to make. We have been over this before...LOL I have made 3 of them and a tumbling blocks.. I have to make another one this next month... But this one I get to make a little money on...hehehehe Now come on get with it you can do it!! :cheer :cheer Or do I need to get the :tryme after you... :hook:manyheart:hug

Darski, perhaps the yarns you wanted are only available from Mary Maxim, in which case, ignore this; however, the Knitting Warehouse has great prices on yarn in general, and a marvelous shipping cost policy ($6 flat rate, I believe) their link: http://www.knitting-warehouse.com/. I think a black/white/different grays Prairie star would be stunning! Go for it! :yay

I finished my squares for the next round! :cheer now my goal for the day is to get them all joined on. Then I think I will only need two more rows. I think I may actually get this Around the World Afghan done in time for christmas even with the move. :c9

Goofy- good for you, almost done !!! :)

Thanks for the comments, Brandy -- I didn't know you had made so MANY of the prairie star and now to do one for money ! Good for you - what colors will it be in, do you know yet ?

I have looked at colors til my eyes are crossed and can't decide what I wanna go with .:eek

Hidey-ho gang

I am back in here ,picking up my hook to re-start a nine patch . This one just won't leave me alone til I do it, THEN ........

( THEME FROM JAWS HERE )

The Prairie Star is NEXT UP ....

Hoping to have some Alongers to join me on that . It sounds like several out there are still working on it or want to start one, so maybe we'll all be in here egging each other along on it .

I hope so, it's always more fun to make something with others to compare notes, colors, etc with . :D

Hi Julie, I have been reading the posts on here and looking at everyones pics of their projects.

Everyone is doing an amazing job with their quilt and Im so tempted to join in. I wanted to do the around the world but then I saw the tumbling blocks and the prairie star and now Im leaning toward the 9 patch.

Whats worse is Im going to the shop tomorrow to buy wool to put the charity squares together and I know I will end up buying wool for this.:yes

Julie please help me decide which pattern to do.....:think

Wendy

Archived