Crochet -a- Quilt

JulieKay

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome Julie, so glad to have you here. Kudos for all your great ideas

and your enthusiasm. Thanks for all the links. I love the afghan patterns.

This has inspired me to make an afghan. I love the around the world afghan

pattern, ao I'm gong to try that one. Wish me luck!

I just counted...84 diamonds done! I think I am going to do 2 rows of DC around the PS hexagon in white before I do the border, otherwise my border would be going into my outermost point... (I'm not doing the official border - this baby one ends with the star!). Do you think I should do 2dc, ch 2, 2 dc or on the point of the hex? Or something else? I've got a while to think about it...plus I have to decide what color(s) to do. Maybe just a pink then a blue in sc.

" Do you think I should do 2dc, ch 2, 2 dc or on the point of the hex? Or something else? "

if you do the 2dc, ch 2, 2dc, will that make it more of a point? And is that what you want?

Could work though.

I did crocheted some more squares for mine. I'm really tempted to work on it and be hot (and drink ice cold water). So I might do some more this weekend, we'll see.

Debbi

I have found renewed interest in my PS after putting it away for a couple of weeks and am moving right along. I now have the center star and 2 of the sections of white diamonds done. I'm really surprised by how fast it is moving now, and don't think it will take me much longer to finish it. This is why I work on multiple projects at a time, because I get too bored with just one, so I can move back and forth between them and stay interested.

I'll try to borrow a camera from my parents or sister and post pics soon.

The center star of mine is done, and I have only about 4 more diamonds to do before all the white sections are done. Then I'm going to put a DC border on it, and then a couple colored SC rows for border, then I'm done.

A hex baby blanket! Will post pics when done!

I'll take a pic this weekend on my afghan. I'm going to work on it some more, I'll have some time. I'm realizing it's taking longer to do each round since there are more squares... lol... I need to crochet some more too because I'm catching up with sewing! I have half a round left to add and then one more color before I'm oug of squaures (well I have some from later rounds done because I bought some pink and just used up the entire skien and so it will be the 3rd to the last round, and before I bought more yarn I used some that I frogged). But I still am catching up... gettin there.

Debbi

Here is my afghan FINISHED except for a color border. I am going to let the recipient choose what color(s) I do. I think it turned out cute! (OK, so the ends aren't woven in on over half of the white diamonds, but you can't tell that, right? ;) )

star.jpg

I've been lurking on and off in this thread, and Krystal, I saw your picture. It's beautiful! I did print the pattern for the Praire Star, but I currently have about 8 WIPs that have almost officially turned into UFO's, so I'm not going to start this any time soon.

But I do love seeing what everyone's done with theirs!

Mine so far. My cell phone doesn't take the best pics (need a digital camera really), but here it is

tatw7-24.jpg

You can see the yellow then the light green (a little) then the light purple and then the light blue I'm adding on now.

Debbi

I made the Churn Dash pattern a couple of years back and love it. Now working on a Wedding Ring Quilt patterned afghan. Have all the pieces made, now piecing it together, which is no fun at all.

Shetex - the Wedding Ring Quilt is one of the next patterns I'm planning to make once I get my current WIPs finished. What colors did you use? I'd love to see a picture once you get it all pieced together. :)

Archived