Crochet -a- Quilt

JulieKay

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forines,

That is just stunning !!! SO pretty . The photo looks fine. Congratulations on finishing such a time-consuming project so quickly. And that is wonderful news that you will still be here working on something new !!!

I think your colors look very nice together ~~ You should be very proud . :)

Well here it is, ladies. All done. :dance:woo

blankets-330.jpg

CLICK HERE to read the entry on my blog (and to see a couple more pictures.) :D

Thank you so much again to everyone for all your wonderful support and generous praise! :ghug

That is so beautiful .. I wish I was your sil I would love to receive it . But I can't have children anymore . I think it is beyond words. very very pretty. :hug:nworthy

Morning everybody and Happy Egg Day to you all tomorrow .

:rabbit:1sheep:ducky

Brandy- have a fun day yarn shopping !!!!

AJ- the afghan is really really nice . :manyheart And I'm glad you guys are sticking around for Round 2 -- we are always glad to have folks like you who are enthusiastic and dedicated .

well I worked on mine until almost midnight. I have

60 aran

19 sage

77 woodsy green

These I have left to do in the square making part. But today is my :cake and hubby has plans after work today . So I might not get a whole lot done today . But everyone is doing so good. I wish I was as fast as some of you . and as talented ...... Keep up the good work. :manyheart

:birthday

Norma - if you were HERE I'd sing to you ,but consider yourself lucky that you're not ! :lol

Hope you have a wonderful day .

It sounds like you're doing fine --- you are making good progress as well, so don't feel badly that you aren't . :manyheart

Julie, I haven't started yet, but I'm going with the 9 patch in cream, greens, and black. I will look great on my sons bed. I have a lot of irons in the fire right now. I've been following the thread, think I "might" be able to start after work settles down a bit.

snbarkley --- Happy Birthday! Hope you have a really fun day! Let us know where hubby takes you tonight!:birthday

Lynn

Here are a couple of pics of what I have done.

th_atticwindows4.jpg

th_atticwindows2.jpg

The top one is before I got the blue on and the bottom two are finished except for the joining which will be done when all the squares are done. In the bottom photo the square on the left is the first one I got done and is a little bigger than the other two I have done so I might end up frogging it, but am going to wait till I get them all done to make sure I have enough yarn. I may just be able to get another one done with the yarn I have and not have to worry about it. I am not a great picture taker but these were the best I could do! Thanks for looking!

Theresa "2"

Here are a couple of pics of what I have done.

th_atticwindows4.jpg

th_atticwindows2.jpg

The top one is before I got the blue on and the bottom two are finished except for the joining which will be done when all the squares are done. In the bottom photo the square on the left is the first one I got done and is a little bigger than the other two I have done so I might end up frogging it, but am going to wait till I get them all done to make sure I have enough yarn. I may just be able to get another one done with the yarn I have and not have to worry about it. I am not a great picture taker but these were the best I could do! Thanks for looking!

Theresa "2"

very nice . It is going to be very pretty ......:manyheart

thanks for the birthday wishes :hug . I did not post that to bring attention to my self but thanks anyway . When you get past your 40's you don't really celebrate anymore.

Wildflowers I am doing the nine patch and I think its real easy . The green, cream and black sounds really nice . :manyheart

thanks for the birthday wishes :hug . I did not post that to bring attention to my self but thanks anyway . When you get past your 40's you don't really celebrate anymore.

Wildflowers I am doing the nine patch and I think its real easy . The green, cream and black sounds really nice . :manyheart

I can relate to the birthday thing...same here :lol The 9 patch pattern looks pretty easy. What colors did you go with? I'm hoping to go yarn shopping and get the free time to start pretty soon :hook

Shelby - it sounds like nice colors that you chose -- of course I am biased . Anything GREEN is beautiful to me . I hope to do nine patch too, but also want to do the prairie star, so I don't know yet which one I'll start next .

Norma- I'm with you on birthdays. The only celebrating I do is to eat a piece of cake .

I LOVE CAKE .

Chocolate with white frosting -- DANG ... now I want some cake . Pass me a slab of it will you ? A piece about the size of a cement block will do . I just had lunch .:D

Theresa - NICE squares -- they look hard to do, are they ? And what pattern is yours called ? I'm sorry I don't remember, there are so many people in the group I can't keep all the patterns straight. I do pretty good with NAMES but patterns and colors I don't always remember . :lol

Is today your birthday too. well happy birthday

I can relate to the birthday thing...same here :lol The 9 patch pattern looks pretty easy. What colors did you go with? I'm hoping to go yarn shopping and get the free time to start pretty soon :hook

My colors are caron ss sage , woodsy green , Red hearts aran and burgandy you can see it here

:birthday snbarclay and wyldflrs!

Forines - I can make out the colors bad photo or not. Very nice. I wouldn't have thought to put a lavender type color in, but it looks great in there!

AJ - I've said it before and I'll say it again. Nice colors! Your afghan turned out nicely. Amazing that you managed it in so little time!

Theresa - Is that a log cabin pattern? I can't quite see the colors so you'll have to let me know what the little dark one is please!

Theresa2 -- Your squares look great. Is it a kind of "bobble" stitch. I like the look it gives

Lynn

Is today your birthday too. well happy birthday

My colors are caron ss sage , woodsy green , Red hearts aran and burgandy you can see it here

No today it's not my birthday, I meant I can relate to not celebrating after a certain age. I quit having them years ago :lol The colors you're doing look really nice together :manyheart

i only got 3 squares done so far today. but i got the yard mowed. does that count? probably not. i also did a few rows on my poncho for the crocheters against UFOs CAL. by the time i get it done, it'll be the middle of summer and too hot to wear it.:blush

i applied for a job at a greenhouse today, so if i get it (please let me get it, God!:sweat ) i can crochet on my lunchtime. the little squares for my around the world would be easy take-alongs for work.

gotta go get hubby's truck. it got left at the shop when he got hurt. i think i'll drive it while he's out of commission. his has power steering.

keep crocheting, gang!!:cheer :cheer :cheer

but i got the yard mowed. does that count?

keep crocheting, gang!!:cheer :cheer :cheer

Depends.... Did you leave the mower pattern in cute little quilt shapes ?:devil

Good luck with the possible job. That's hard work..but you'll be svelte by the end of summer from all the :hot:sweat . But you'll look great !

Brandy..

Can hardly wait to see the results of your yarn shopping trip. Your enthusiasm is needed here.

All,

I need a poke with a stick to go to yet ANOTHER yarn store. Apparently they don't send raspberry colored yarn to the West Coast. :bang

And I have yet another 'one day only' 50% off coupon ... I finished my project I was working on last night.. so I have nothing to crochet. :eek

Now there's a seldom heard whine around here. :nahnah

-Pam L-

I have given up on the prairie star i can do the diamonds and get them together but i can't seem to figure out how they join in the middle on the first 6?:rant I have worked on this for 2 days, its probably something silly i am not doing right.Maybe i'll do the nine square one.

Dragonfly - Don't give up! That's something I was wondering myself too when looking at the picture. I'm sure the two ladies that finished a prairie star already could give us the handy dandy information on how it's done! :)

Archived