Crochet -a- Quilt

JulieKay

Aww thanks, Linda!

To be honest, I don't think I would have finished it if it weren't for the wonderful support of this group. You guys have been a huge part of how I got this thing done in time.

Thanks to everyone!:hug

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:cheerI knew you could do it AJ!!!! It is so beautiful too! I can't wait to see it with the border! Your niece is one lucky little girl! What an inspiration you have been! I finally have three blocks of mine done and will try to post pictures tomorrow. I also got my daughters sweater done too, so now I can concentrate on this ghan. My oldest DD (23 yrs. old) has decided to crochet along with us too......she hasn't committed to offically join us yet....but hopefully she will. She has two squares done, and right now I can't remember what the name of them are, but she went through the list that Julie posted in the first post and found one she liked, sat down tonight and got two done, so she is on her way. She's hesitant to join because she is finishing college and working full time. This will be the third afghan she's made so I know she will finish it eventually. Anyway...I'm babbling and tired! Good night to all...can't wait to hear everyone's progress!

Theresa "2"

Thanks so much, Theresa! I can't wait to see yours. And I'd love to see what your daughter is doing, too! Tell her if she has time to come in here and post about it -- I think this group is the most fun!:clap

Cathy, I think you'll like the Prairie Star. Just one word of advice: do NOT, under any circumstances, try to accomplish it in 6 days! LOL

Seriously, it's a stunning pattern that I'm sure would look brilliant in almost any color combination. Let us know your colors when you pick them!

Oh!

And welcome to Crochetville! :welcome

:yay :yay I am now starting the edging .... the sun is setting and I am going to make it!!! What is my rush??? I started this on Tuesday afternoon and gave myself a deadline. DH thinks it is a beauty and my sister has already claimed it and she has not even seen it.

AJ I am looking forward viewing yours as a finished afghan.

Brandy

Congrats on winning the yarn ! Good for you ~ :)

Patricia -

Well, you could always use a G hook too with ss. That's what i'm using with mine, or baby yarn and an F hook would make it even smaller . Not that I know anything about the pattern, but I don't think I'd try taking rows out . It might get too confusing when putting it together .

Thanks for the comments about my singing -- I 'm not gonna STOP singing -- I'll just have to sing when no one is here . Even my 3 year old grandson says MAMAW DON'T SING . Is THAT telling you anything ?

Hey Andrea - I think your questions were answered already -- these guys are great to jump in and help . I 'm not joining any of mine til all the squares are done, but some patterns are join as you go . :)

Theresa- that's great that your daughter is joining in too. Have her come in and post if she has the time. Sounds like she's pretty busy !

Welcome to the gang Kathy ! :manyheart

AJ -- I think all the ladies have used every word in the book to describe your afghan . The only word left that hasn't been used is :

SUPERCALAFRAGILISTICEXPELADOCIOUS

That might just be the most beautiful afghan I have ever seen ~~~

Now I'm excited because we will soon get to see another one done here shortly by Forines !!!!

The only BAD thing about this situation is the fact that you guys are gonna be done already -- I hope you're not both gonna be leaving the group now that you're finished ! I understand totally if you don't want to do any more afghans with a bunch of small pieces to join together, though . They are a lot of work, although you two have whipped them out in record time. We should enter you guys in the Guiness Book of Records ! AMAZING SPEED !

I knew this would happen. I just cannot find a place in the house where I can take a decent picture. I have played around with the settings of the camera with no luck. This is the best I can do and I do so want to show the finished product.

The colours are dreadful and not true to life but I may not get the time to post tomorrow. I will take a better photo in sunlight and post again.

Here it is - NOT A GOOD PHOTO

http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=showPhoto&albumID=329379720&photoID=2966532140058018460&security=YtkOPs

Julie I am still going to make the Around the World so I will be here for a while as I do not plan to repeat my crochet madness that I have just displayed.:hyper

I am thinking of making something that does not involve motifs to break the monotony as I make the motifs:heehee So I will be working on 2.

I just checked the photo again and I am very close to not sending .... I will click submit before I change my mind.

Good Morning all. Hope this finds everyone in hight spirits. It is a beautiful day out and I get to go yarn shopping. :clap My daugther, her friend , and I are going to Rockford to the big stores. I cant wait.

Forines that is gorgeous...:clap Great Job.

:welcome Cathy

Cant wait to see yours Theresa and be sure to tell your daughter she should post. It is going to take me a million years to finish mine. Going to crochet in the car on the way to Rockford and back so I will get a little bit accomplished.

Have a great DAY ALL !!!!

Thanks so much to everyone!!

And Julie, don't worry, I'll be sticking around. This group is SO much fun. And :eek I must be crazy but I've already got thoughts in my head for another Prairie Star (for me) .... LOL I AM a glutton for punishment! But no doubt I will take my time on this one.

Brandy -- I'm originally FROM Rockford! In fact, we're heading there tomorrow to visit with family for Easter and will probably be staying until Tuesday. What stores are you going to?

Born and raised there, both my husband and I, but just moved an hour and a half north of Rockford here in the middle of nowhere in Wisconsin. ;)

AJ, We will be going to Hobby Lobby, JoAnns, (Bed, Bath & Beyond) TJ Max, and there is two yarn stores that I would like to hit but not quite sure where they are at. NOt very familiar with Rockford myself. That is why daugther's friend's mom is driving us up there....(that was a mouth full). :think Hope you have a safe trip tomorrow. :)

:cheer:clap Forines, you get a :tup in my book. I thing your afghan is just beautiful. I have gotten quite a few more squares done on my neon pinwheel but have not put any more together yet but hope to this week-end. Happy :hook !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Mourning to everyone and hope that everyone will have a Happy Easter:rabbit :rabbit I am at work:compute now but normally I don't have to work on the week-ends but we were short handed and I told them I did not mind working. Although I don't think I am going to be too busy so I brought my:hook along with me so I can do what I like to do best. Have a good one:yay :yay:hugEveryone's afghans are looking so pretty this is what keeps us all going. We see how pretty the others turn out and we want to get started on those. :cheer :cheer

AJ - Your prairie star is gorgeous! I don't know how you did it in such a short time. I'm sure she will just love it!

Lynn

Cathy welcome to the 'ville and to this cal! It is a fun place to be and I think you will have fun. I would like to do both the prairie star and the Grandmothers flower garden someday too. Keep us posted!

Forines Your picture is beautiful and so is the ghan! Like I've said before all of your work is stunning!

Linda I can't wait to see your neon pinwheels finished!

AJ That is just too purty! It just screams for a little one to sit or lay on it for a picture! I am glad to hear that you won't be leaving us too!

Brandy Hope you are having fun today, I'm sure you are and crocheting away as we post! Can't wait to see the finished project!

DD is getting closer to join, thanks for all the encouragement! Now I must go take some pics to post later today or maybe tonight...got lots to do today and the weather here is gorgeous today!

Happy Easter to all

Theresa "2"

Archived