Crochet -a- Quilt

JulieKay

your ghan is coming along nicely. i love the colors. keep up the good work.:cheer i really like the first one. i think the blue on the outside makes the yellow pop out.

:sunGood Morning all. I just finished reading all that everyone has been typing....Geez you guys have been very busy little bees....I know I probably wont remember half of what I read.

So to start off...

AJ if she dont like your afghan then apparently she has no taste at all. I think your afghan is absolutely gorgeous. I am the only one in my family that crochets on a regular basis besides my 14 year old daughter. And she is being a good girl and finishing up her afghan that she started 6 months ago. She should be done today. She wants to make a purse and I wont let her till she finishes it....blackmail always works for me.

Thanks to the ones who will still be working on theirs right along with me. But I think I might getting going as soon as I decide or have help deciding on what color arrangement that I like best....So will you guys pretty please :? help me decide on which color arrangement looks best....I really like the blue and yellow together. But not sure which way looks best...

IM001679.jpg

This one will be trimmed in yellow......or this one trimmed in blue

IM001678.jpg

Here is the first one but I dont like it trimmed in blue....It just dont look right but I can take the blue off and trim it in yellow and just do tan and yellow....

IM001673.jpg

Ok now what do ya'll think........:devil

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

blankets-327b.jpg

The diamonds are done!! :clap:cheer:dance:2rock:jumpyay:woo:ducky:elle

Sorry, I'm so excited that I had to put up all the dancing icons :)

{edited to get rid of skeleton icon that didn't work}

Hi Patricia.... I dont think taking a round out would work...But if you use the smallest size hook and the simply soft that would take it way down in size.....I think....

I agree with Brandy. I did mine with sport weight and an H hook and it's going to end up being about 40x55. I'd recommend using an H hook with the SS. It'll be a little bit bigger (and thicker) but it won't be the ginormous size the gauge of the pattern calls for. :hook

your ghan is coming along nicely. i love the colors. keep up the good work.:cheer i really like the first one. i think the blue on the outside makes the yellow pop out.

:ty That is the one that everyone likes...So that is the one I am going with.

blankets-327b.jpg

:fame

AJ that is a Masterpiece:flowerYou did it!!!!!!

Do all of you join your things together as you go? Just wondering if I should be doing that with my nine patch instead of making a bunch of squares. All of your pics that you guys have posted are beautiful. Ive been bad and have busy reading on here so much that I havnt crochet in a day. Can someone tell me what a yo-yo square is please?

Hi fellow New Neighbor..glad to see another new member here.:welcome

I can only help with one of your questions..and will be watching for the answer to the other one.

I did discover Yo-Yo's.

http://www.geocities.com/cdjsimon/simple_yoyo_square.html

Not my color scheme..but I keep picturing such a thing in a rich, soft burgundy.. the yo-yo's and the fill and edges. Scarf? Hat? Afghan ?:dreaming

I found another wonderful thing today ! And you may not have noticed yet.. so here goes :

While we are in a thread.. any place in it..up in the upper right hand area of the screen.. click on each of those little boxes.. we can set how we see the board.. and more importantly.. I figured out to subscribe to the thread.. so when there is a post.. a notification comes in my e-mail box !

Somehow I missed that since last December.:confused Oh well...:lol

-Pam L-

AJ !

This lowly peon salutes you. :nworthy

Beautiful ..absolutly beautiful !

Thanks for showing me how it's done. ..and that someday it might be possible to do such things in less than a few years each. :dreaming

-Pam L- still getting ready to start

Do all of you join your things together as you go? Just wondering if I should be doing that with my nine patch instead of making a bunch of squares. All of your pics that you guys have posted are beautiful. Ive been bad and have busy reading on here so much that I havnt crochet in a day. Can someone tell me what a yo-yo square is please?

Hi Andrea and :welcome It really depends on the pattern you do. I have done some that you join as you go and some you dont. The one I am doing I have to sew together and then crochet a border around each block and then sew the blocks together....It is a huge pain in the butt.

Thanks, Brandy! I think I might! I've got so much energy right now and I'm just cruising through the border. Those ends at the moment aren't looking too bad!

Like Larry the Cable Guy says, "Git 'Er Done!!" :P

blankets-327b.jpg

I think that is the most beautiful diamond quilt I have ever seen . You have done such a wonderful job. I am really just speachless. I don't know what to say but : WOW........ WOW..............WWWWWOOOOOOOOWWWWWW...:c9

I think that is the most beautiful diamond quilt I have ever seen . You have done such a wonderful job. I am really just speachless. I don't know what to say but : WOW........ WOW..............WWWWWOOOOOOOOWWWWWW...:c9

:eek Thank you! That's such a nice compliment!:hug

Just a little update:

I've finished the border and now have moved on to the bazillion ends hanging out. ;)

I'll take a pic tomorrow morning of the blanket when I've got a bit more light (I prefer natural light over flash -- brings out more textures.)

Looks like my baby niece will get this beauty after all! :clap

Archived