Crochet Magazines

kjdfairy2

I am thinking about going to the bookstore tomorrow to pick up so crochet mags. Which ones are the best to get? :think I've never looked before, so not even sure if there really is a selection or not.

My youngest dd has been begging to go to the bookstore, so tomorrow while my oldest is in school we will go. They have one of those train tables there and she loves to sit a play for hours. So while she does that, I can read or flip through magazines for free. :)

Everyone's tastes are different as well as each store has a different selection.

My local Books a Million only carries Hooked on Crochet, Crochet Fantasy and Crochet World.

My JoAnns and Michaels only carry Crochet! Magazine (which is my fave)

Wal-Marts in my area carry usually special issues like the Interweave Knits Crochet mags when they come out and such.

There's also Annie's Fave Crochet and many others. Really depends on what you like!

About once a month I take myself to our local Barnes & Noble, buy a cup of coffee and sit down to read magazines that I don't already subscribe to. I always buy at least one, but this way I know there is something that I am interested in before I buy.

I've started to do crochet again after not having done it for years, and I am appalled at the lack of magazines. The whole section is 'Knit' with only one or two Crochet.

Joan

For more "hip" or contemporary patterns I like Crochet! and Crochet Fantasy the best. The Interweave Crochet editions are my absolute faves but the next one isn't officially due out until April 4 I think.

You might want to browse the crochet book section-there are some great books for only a few dollars more than the mags which are so expensive now!

I am appalled at the lack of magazines. The whole section is 'Knit' with only one or two Crochet.

Joan

I agree, Joan! I was at Barnes and Noble on Saturday and they had not one single crochet magazine displayed (there have been some in the past) but 4 or 5 new knitting magazines. The same is true at my public library. I think there are just not a lot of crochet magazines out there...at least not monthly magazines. It makes me sad.

I agree, Joan! I was at Barnes and Noble on Saturday and they had not one single crochet magazine displayed (there have been some in the past) but 4 or 5 new knitting magazines. The same is true at my public library. I think there are just not a lot of crochet magazines out there...at least not monthly magazines. It makes me sad.

Oh, I hadn't even thought of the public library. That is a good idea. I think I will look there for books too. Thank you all for your suggestions.

I also found a site (can't remember where now) and ordered two free copies of two different crochet magazines. But it says it can take up to 40-60 days to get them.

Thanks again.:)

Me too! I found a Crochet Fantasy magazine at our Barnes and Noble in January when I was there for the Children's Storytelling and now I'm looking for the latest issue (I'd like to subscribe, but I'd like one more issue to look at before making my decision). I don't see a single Crochet magazine there anymore.

Trish

I think LeslieJo is on to something! If enough of us sent emails to Barnes & Noble, Borders, etc, maybe they would relent to our awesome (but polite, of course ;) ) onslaught of begging. Even if there aren't many monthly crochet mags in publication, the least our local stores could consistently carry the ones that are available.

(BTW: My local B&E carries "Crochet!" from time to time. And I did get my Fall 2005 issue of "Interweave Knits Crochet" from them, too. But that's just not enough to satisfy my craving!)

Well I went to Books A Million yesterday and the only crochet magazine they had was Crochet!. I bought it because I have been looking for a cute cardigan to make for my daughter and they had a pattern in there. I looked at all the crochet books too and found some I like, but they were $20 and up. I didn't want to send that much on a book that only had 1 or 2 patterns I liked.

After that we went to Hobby Lobby and they had only one magazine there too, the same one. So I will check Michaels next time I am in town and see what they have.

The selection around town really sucks. Guess I'll be putting some requests in too, that is a really good idea.

I just walked up to Chapters on my lunch (our Canadian version of Barnes & Nobles) and they had absolutely no crocheting magazines. I was so disappointed. There were about 6 different knitting ones though so I'm going to email them as well.

I plan on stopping tonight at Wal-Mart or Zellers because I know they carry crochet magazines. :hook

I think asking the bookstores to carry the magazines that are out there is a great idea. I just wish there were more out there. Our Walmart carries nothing but Crochet! magazine :( Wegmans carries more than our local Walmart, was there yesterday and they had the Interweave Spring, Annie's Fav. Crochet and Crochet! magazines.

Stacey

Archived