Crochet on LOST

The bootie Claire made for her baby was the co-star on this week's episode of LOST....I thought it was neat the way they tied it in to her whole flashback/memory. My 2 favorite things in one place...LOST & crocheting :D

I am glad you stated that. I was wondering if the hat that Kate found in the locker was that crocheted too:devil ?

OMG, I totally forgot about the hat! Not sure if it was crochet or not -it could have been knitted but I'm not sure. I think the hat, fake beard & glue that Kate found were what "Zeke" was wearing when Walt was kidnapped from the raft.

How cute was doped-up Claire, holding up her bootie in one hand and a crochet hook in the other with that big smile on her face? :U Is it possible to weave in the ends with just your hook rather than a needle? I'm just glad they didn't make the mistake of giving her knitting needles to hold.

I, too, noticed that right away, although I kept looking at the bootie to make sure it was actually crocheted. It looked like it! I was also thrilled that they made sure to give her a crochet hook instead of knitting needles as well.

Off topic a bit, when they showed the leader of the "others" who usually has the beard talking to Ian I mentioned to DH, look, he's all clean cut and clean shaven. My DH starts saying "well, this was before he took Walt away". I argued that you can't grow a grizzly adams beard in less than a month. I was so happy when they showed the box with the make-up and beard. NA NA NA NA NA NA! My DH was eating crow after that! I'm hardly ever right about Lost things but this time I finally got him...

How cute was doped-up Claire, holding up her bootie in one hand and a crochet hook in the other with that big smile on her face? :U Is it possible to weave in the ends with just your hook rather than a needle? I'm just glad they didn't make the mistake of giving her knitting needles to hold.

If you look closely, when she gives the bootie to Aaron at the end, there are actually little yarn ends still sticking out.

How dorky is it that I noticed that?? :blush

yes I did see that last nite. I was looking close to see if it was really crocheted, I think it was. very cute:manyheart I did see a small string sticking out toward the end of the show too.

how good was that episode??

whats up with the french chic saying that if the baby is 'infected' Claire should know 'what to do'??

I hate 'the others'...lol... but at least they kinda showed where claire went when she was kidnapped.

naida

I kept peering at the bootie in all the flashes trying to figure out what it was and if it was crocheted or knitted and, dork that I am, actually cheered when I saw the crochet hook.

By the way, I didn't look too closely at the hat in the locker, but I was under the impression that it was knitted. I may have had that impression from the first time I saw it--I'm not really sure.

Actually, in my whole life I've never used a needle to weave in my ends -- I don't think I own a yarn needle. I always just use the hook to pull the ends through various stitches. A needle would certainly be faster but I've never remembered to pick one up.

I do lots of things the dumb way.

Archived