Lily Chin's new TV Show debuts this Sunday

AmyOH

That scarf-cho is called the "Yoga Wrap". I found it here:

https://id306.securedata.net/sandrasingh.com/merchantmanager/product_info.php?cPath=76_314&products_id=945&mmsid=d984f13ef79ecb76e89d6e08329e4f89

and after studying the design, I found a copycat on the berocco site, complete with schematic:

http://www.berroco.com/exclusives/wayland/wayland.html

Tho the berroco one looks like it would need to be made bigger.

Ginger

Good for you, Ginger. Thanks!

I can't say I like the way it hangs down in the back. I sure didn't notice that in the show. I don't think that this look is "me".

I liked it as a fashion show and I liked some of the ideas about using ready made clothing and adding on. Of course there wasn't enough crochet--is there ever? But I would watch it again. I like that there is a market for more fiber-related shows out there.

Yes, I don't see it listed for today. I thought it would be a series, but is it just a one time event? That seems too bad. Whether we all liked it or not, I think we all liked the idea of the networks featuring crochet/knitting as a topic for a series.

I have seen a few interviews with Lily chin and I must say that she is just obnoxious as can be. On this one interview with Susan Hind, she kept ignoring her questions and just talking about what she wanted to. She also told one of the producers (same show) who asked her if she wanted her needles (minor mistake), " If you can't even remember hooks, then I can't bother to do this".

Ugh! I can't stand her.

• 5 months later...

I took a class at CGOA chain link in 1999 at which Lily Chin taught one of my courses. She is really nice in person, and has a good sense of humor. I enjoyed the course. I can see where she "looks" like she "might" be a snob (a snazzily dressed New Yorker that she is), but when you meet her in person, she comes across differently (in a classroom environment I guess, never seen her on TV).

Archived