What is this stitch called?

liz31

Question

10 answers to this question

If you look at the picture underneath it says zoom, click on that and you can get very close and look at the stitching. You might be able to work it out better looking at the close up.

If you look at the picture underneath it says zoom, click on that and you can get very close and look at the stitching. You might be able to work it out better looking at the close up.

That zoom thing works great! If you get the back view and zoom way in you can see it looks like a shell made with approximately ten stitches, perhaps trebles, and done into a 'chain space' as opposed to going into just a single space, and it looks like they alternate with some sort of cluster stitch...

I've never made a pattern myself, but this would definitely be something worth trying! That is a gorgeous top!

Donna made a version of this jacket, that I believe she was selling on eBay... Here is the thread about it.

I see that the-above mentioned thread was from Sept of last year... I just found Crochetville this month and although I searched the thread and found the name to search on eBay, as expected it was no longer there... well, I think there may be another generation of us who would love to buy this pattern... at least me and the person who started this thread! Any chances of its being made available... The pictures in Donna's photobucket are amazing - that is so pretty!

Stitch Diva also has a similar one although it is not as close as Donna's. She sells the pattern for $7.00 and she also notes on her blog that her pattern is also for sale in the Happy Hooker book.

Here is the link for Stitch Diva's information: http://www.stitchdiva.com/ProductIn...oductid=SDS-005

Let us know how it works out and what you make (and take pictures too)!!! :hook

Stitch Diva also has a similar one although it is not as close as Donna's. She sells the pattern for $7.00 and she also notes on her blog that her pattern is also for sale in the Happy Hooker book.

Here is the link for Stitch Diva's information: http://www.stitchdiva.com/ProductIn...oductid=SDS-005

Let us know how it works out and what you make (and take pictures too)!!! :hook

OH, GOODIE!!! I have S&B HH and I passed right by the pattern... *duh* I like the way it's photographed in gray on the site link you gave me... it's gogreous in the S&B book, but the gray one just looks a little more flowy and I could see it differently... ON ME!!! I like lacy flowy designs, not too tight 'cause I'm covering baby fat (you know, the 4th baby I had 12 yrs ago!)

Thanks for the link... and the lead to the pattern that I had and didn't even know it! (Still want that other one though....) *on knees begging*

Archived