What's up with Lewiscraft?

A shout out to Canadians here...:phone

My local Lewiscraft is closing near me. :cry

There's talk of receivership and the whole store chain going under??? That's where I buy all my acrylics for cheap, cheap..what's a girl to do without Lewiscraft??? :think

the last time i was there, about 2 wks ago, the saleslady said they are looking for a new 'owner' another customer was looking for something and it could'nt be ordered, basicly what was in store was all they have.

My mom and I were in on the weekend as I couln't find a row counter at walmart, zellers or micheals so we headed there and yep Lewiscraft is being liquidated.

I'm in Canada as well, and I guess I'm going to have to head to Walmart, Zellers, and or Micheals for sales for some of my yarn and supples! Sigh they are all further out too

When Michaels moved into our town (right beside Lewiscraft) the Lewiscraft closed down. THat is a shame! Crafts Canada closed too...no more Canadian craft stores. Zellers doesn't carry much here...just 2 small aisles of yarn. :(

That's true Andrea, Michaels is like a Walmart, don't get me wrong I do love Michaels but they came into town here in Ottawa and the White Rose which was a craft store/ plant and nursery closed down. Now Lewiscraft is on the way out, we no longer have a good Canadian craft store. I sometimes go to Zellers too or sometimes Giant Tiger has bagged mill ends but it's more or less the luck of the draw there.

I read on an other forum that Lewiscraft is having a 30%-70% sale...

I am really sad to see them go.:( They had a good yarn selection and decent prices.

Zellers is horrible and inconsistent with its inventory.

Well, Zellers won't be Canadian much longer. Hudsons Bay owns Zellers...and now HB is not Canadian. Maybe the yarn will improve .

True, so true...

Or the yarns will be gone?

I'm in panic mode now :ohdear ...my Lewiscraft is closing and Zellers had a buy 1 ball, get one free sale over the weekend. By the time I got to Zellers, their entire yarn inventory was pretty much gone. If they were just "weeding out" their winter stuff, I think they would only have that on sale. This looks to me like they're getting rid of their yarn section.

Two stores down, in less than 2 weeks. My only alternative now for reasonably priced yarn in my neighbourhood is Walmart!!! First Michaels moved from my neighbourhood to the outer suburbs, then White Rose closed down.

I can't believe in a city of more than 3 million people, I only have Walmart left as a reasonably-priced yarn store alternative!! :(

What's a girl to do? :think

I saw that Lewiscraft was having the sale. I got there too late, and there was not a lot of anything left, to make something with. I didn't know they were shutting down. I guess it's not too bad, here for buying yarn. there is a michaels, zellers and wal-mart. they've usually got an alright selection of yarn.

I'm out in the Durham Region and in the local mall here there is a lewiscraft that is going through liquidation.

I personally think Zellers was just having a sale, but who knows if they were entriely wiped out in your area you could be right about the doing away with the yarn section.

Which sucks! Cause I find Walmart to be less than exemplary for their selection. I also find the Micheals in Whitby to be lacking too.

Heading into Oshawa there are two yarn specialty shops and there is also on in Mytrle Station North of Brooklin.

Those are my only choices and they are rather far out from where I am!

My only other option is to take a day on the weekend and head into Toronto to the yarn shops there :S

Canada needs to get more yarn shops! Maybe when I graduate I'll start purchasing online.

Archived