wallhanging

Fiber Deviant

105365074_578667c78f_m.jpgjust wanted to show y'all the wallhanging that i made for my sister's birthday. (I hope she liked it!)

it is a free-form / free-style piece made witha blend of commercial acrylic yarns and a handcrafted wool.

Very unusual. I was curious and checked out your slideshow on your blog. You have some amazing unique designs - what does the hand symbol represent? Do you show your pieces?

first, thanks for the compliment.

second, i am fascinated by the human hand: we use hands to convey love, comfort, discipline, displeasure, strength, etc. (so much can be felt via touch), we use hands to voice opinions (a "show of hands"), the handprint has been used symbolically by native americans... i could go on & on; but bottom line - for me, it represents creativity & humanity... it's a way of saying "i am here & i have something to say".

i chose this for my sister because i wanted to "empower" her... she is a very talented painter & a poet; and she just moved to a new city... knowing no one but me & my family. she has made several artistic networking connections & recently had her artwork on display for the first time!

third, i had 4 of my wallhangings & 1 watercolor painting on display with her stuff (my first one too) at a local tea bar in greenville, sc.

right now, i am just doing this for my own fulfilment, but have dreams of showing again.

thanks again for your interest!:hook

I liked your work on your blog - particularly wallhanging #6:clap

Are the paintings your work, too?

thanks for the compliment! and yes, those paintings are mine!

Archived