Handmade stitch markers!

Plo0t

Yes, they all look like knitting markers which slide on your needles, and they would indeed be impossible to use with crochet...unless you wanted your stitch marker to become a permanent part of your project!! :lol

Oh wow really?

I didn't know there was a difference. I don't even use stitch markers. I just figured someone here might like them. lol.

I feel like I could be struck by lightning now. lol.

Oh wow really?

I didn't know there was a difference. I don't even use stitch markers. I just figured someone here might like them. lol.

I feel like I could be struck by lightning now. lol.

Well, I'm new to the world of stitch markers myself but you figure out instantly that a knit stitch marker cannot be used in place of a crochet marker because the knit marker slides onto the knitting needle, a solid circle, that does not come back off until you've knitted your way back to that spot... I do not know the technical terms for this because I don't knit.

A crochet marker must be split in some fashion because you're actually marking a spot on the yarn itself, either where you started a circle so you'll know where to end it, or a spot that you will 'pick up' later... something like that. Many patterns say "mark with a scrap piece of yarn to show right side" or something to that effect. The idea being that you will eventually be able to get the thing back OFF when you've completed the task required in the rules (also known as pattern!) I am seeing some pretty stitch markers out there but just about anything will do... the single earring with the European clasp I think they call it - great stitch marker! And of course there's the ugly plastic ones they sell at the LYS... some just slide on, some actually clip shut, like a dorky little plastic safety pin.

Well, that's my take on it... otherwise. those are some gorgeous stitch markers!!!!:)

Here are some of my clay stitch markers (Mr. Sheep is undergoing a new design now) I also made beaded ones. I am sending them off to a Yarn Shop in Oregon, a dear friend told her LYS about my stitch markers and she wants to see them. Soon, I will selling them online.

Donna

th_DSC00940.jpg

th_DSC00937.jpg

let me know when you sell them...the sheep are adorable!

Here are some of my clay stitch markers (Mr. Sheep is undergoing a new design now) I also made beaded ones. I am sending them off to a Yarn Shop in Oregon, a dear friend told her LYS about my stitch markers and she wants to see them. Soon, I will selling them online.

Donna

th_DSC00940.jpg

th_DSC00937.jpg

Archived