Has anyone done "Baby It's Cold Outside"

Thanks, everyone:) I'd love to see a picture. I could do it in Homespun but I am really not crazy about working with it.

However, I thought maybe the yarn's texture made the design particularly attractive...

I did it in Bernat softee chunky in berry red - I loved the pattern - easy to follow and easy to work. here's a pic...smsweater.jpg

Thanks for sharing the picture - very pretty colour combination:)

So, I could do it from any yarn, I guess:) :cheer

Love the afghan beside it:)

I picked this yarn because its a little chunky and really easy to work...I think any bulky weight or chunky yarn would work. I would be cute out of Patons Melody, two strands of WE or something like that....I thought about doing one in SNC just for a lightweight feel.....but never did.

I detest homespun....tried to crochet with it once, and didn't have the patience, although I love the look and feel of it.

I've made two and posted photos in older threads on this forum. Several of us have made it; just search on the name and you'll see them all. It's fun and easy, and each one looks great. Patty

Patty, I tried Search with the name of the sweater, came up with nothing, even in advanced search, twice.

Then when I found out Deneen did one, I searched for her Threads in Baby Show and Tell. So, now that I know you did one I can search for threads in Show and tell and hope to find it.

Thanks for letting me know:)

I just checked yours - they are great! but... all Homespun, the yarn I am trying to get away from.

Patty, I tried Search with the name of the sweater, came up with nothing, even in advanced search, twice.

Then when I found out Deneen did one, I searched for her Threads in Baby Show and Tell. So, now that I know you did one I can search for threads in Show and tell and hope to find it.

Thanks for letting me know:)

I just checked yours - they are great! but... all Homespun, the yarn I am trying to get away from.

I liked making it with the Simply soft because it wasn't too bulky and the baby wouldn't get all sweaty. It worked up in a day-easy to follow pattern. I just made a baby hat to match it and it was ready. I have to make a few more of these for gifts.

I liked making it with the Simply soft because it wasn't too bulky and the baby wouldn't get all sweaty. It worked up in a day-easy to follow pattern. I just made a baby hat to match it and it was ready. I have to make a few more of these for gifts.

Yes, I agree! That is one of the reasons why I was looking at alternative yarns.

I feel Homespun is just too thick for a little, dainty person.

Archived