Surfer's Citrus Bikini - Finally Published

NexStitch

After a long, Long, LONG wait, the Surfer's Citrus Bikini is finally published. I'll be putting a newsletter out on it, but at the moment, I'm just EXHAUSTED.

Here's a pic:

surfer.jpg

motif.jpg

You can see images from the first two pages of the bikini pattern here at my blog:

http://nexblog.mycrochetblog.com/?p=60

I have always loved your style. I totally understand the exhausted part. I did a rush on designing 7 bikini patterns one after the other, and was so tired afterwards that I was shaking. It takes a lot of brain power that I just don't have. Lol. You did a great job, though.

Thank you all! And thanks Drew for being my first customer! LOL

Kristina, I knew you'd be able to relate. I remember when you were churning out those bikinis. I was tired last night I was literally shaking and mummbling, "Phew..I'm tired. So tired...ugh...phew..." I felt like I had run a race.

Thank you all! And thanks Drew for being my first customer! LOL

Kristina, I knew you'd be able to relate. I remember when you were churning out those bikinis. I was tired last night I was literally shaking and mummbling, "Phew..I'm tired. So tired...ugh...phew..." I felt like I had run a race.

Thank YOU for sharing such incredible talent. That pattern is HOT!! :nworthy

Awe man, i really love this pattern. I wonder if it can be adapted for really busty chicks.....If i could figure out how to do this for someone with my bust, i might try to buy this pattern this summer.

I"m a size 36F.....i've looked at a few patterns for D to DD cup, and they are just too small, i would need help figuring out how and where exactly on the pattern would i need to add extra crochet at.

PS: i showed this to my boyfriend and he's all excited about me possibly crocheting a sexy outfit for me and him.

OMI: <<scratching head>> We could try to put the pattern into the "formula" and see if the size fits. If that didn't work, meaning it was too small, we could try by taking a measurement, which would be the one I'd lean towards. The best measurement would be from the middle of your chest, where the two cups meet, all the way to the side of your chest. That's where this one ends. (It was designed with more coverage on the side to give the illusion of an overall bigger cup...you know, for those of us who are many sizes away from an F!

TheFabledNeedle: It's actually more orange, like an orange-yellow really. But I agree all the same. I was so happy to find a multi yarn that had a coordinating solid which went well for the trim. And I have to say, I really enjoyed working with this yarn. It feels nice, works up nice, and has a solid look to it.

I'm glad everyone's likin' it.

• 4 months later...

Awesome job! congratulations :applause on getting it published! and I am looking forward to seeing the next one coming out! You are very talented...it is very sexy, but like you say....all your "goods" are covered!:manyheart The other smaller crocheted pieces (flower, starfish,etc)are great too!

Debbie, wow, what a great comment! I'm blushing! Thanks, I appreciate your thoughts. I'm one of those designers who likes to keep the goods covered. I think it's more sexy that way. ;-)

It isn't hard to make, but it was hard to design. I frogged the top several times just getting the right shape. Someone over at Craftster made the project and showed a picture of their efforts on working the top:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=103899.10

The bottoms are the easier of the two pieces.

Archived