The "bump" side of the beginning chain!

Celestial Seasonings

Question

10 answers to this question

:think You could call it "Backus-sideus-chainus":think

I have never heard it given a name in all of my 50 squillion years of crocheting.

It is simply the back of the chain or I guess you could call it the purl side as it has a wee bump like a purl stitch.

Have fun.

Colleen.:hug

Thanks for the info, ladies! It's not the camel stitch, that's slightly different. . . and really cool :) I'venever heard of that before!!!

The "ridge" sounds right. . . much more professional that "sc in first BUMP and in ea BUMP across" :lol

:think You could call it "Backus-sideus-chainus":think

I have never heard it given a name in all of my 50 squillion years of crocheting.

It is simply the back of the chain or I guess you could call it the purl side as it has a wee bump like a purl stitch.

Have fun.

Colleen.:hug

now THAT was funny!

From my tutorial Into the Foundation Chain

"Insert your hook into the little "bump" you see at the back of your foundation chain row (fig. 5). If you hold your foundation chain so that it is facing you but you can see behind it, you will see this little "bump" or loop. This is actually the "middle" loop when seen from the front, but you are not going to go into it from the front. You are going to insert your hook from top to bottom in the hump at the back. Note that you are not turning your work to work on the wrong side, although the foundation chain will sort of fall over as you work more stitches, and will seem to "lie down" so to speak.

So I also call it a "bump" and a "hump". Not much help. Hmmmm.

Archived