Felted Little Bag

buggaboosmommy

Here is my little felted bag for my Grandmother. I will be adding pink satin lining and a pink ribbon or flower on the outside. Below I send it, it will be filled with the Clover Soft Touch hooks, and other little surprises since she is the one who taught me to crochet. The Dr. Pepper can is for size comparison, lol Donna

th_pictures342.jpg

Very cute! I was just at the new yarn store in downtown Vacaville (if you haven't gone, GO) and they had a felted bag like this, but I forgot to ask for the pattern. What pattern did you use? (I keep adding stuff to my WIM list!)

Very cute! I was just at the new yarn store in downtown Vacaville (if you haven't gone, GO) and they had a felted bag like this, but I forgot to ask for the pattern. What pattern did you use? (I keep adding stuff to my WIM list!)

Spin A Yarn is wonderful! I went a few weeks ago to buy Cashmere yarn. It's such a nice little shop! Very warm and cozy :) We really should get together sometime, lol, maybe at the shop..they had couches so we can knit/crochet! lol I didn't use a pattern..I saw a photo of a felted bag that I liked, I believe it was the Marvelous Mini bag (just do a search here on crochetville) and figured I could do it without the pattern since I hate reading patterns, lol. It was a great experience and my first "real" felting experience. This one is for my Granny..now my mom wants one! lol

Donna

I love playing with Deneen's pattern, in fact I'm making a giant 'mini tote' now with some wool I dyed. I also maked a slightly larger one for my Mom for Christmas, then added an afterthought strap and button (for her to sew on as desired) using varigated yarn that you can see on my blog.

Can't wait to see what everyone makes with the pattern.

Spin A Yarn is wonderful! I went a few weeks ago to buy Cashmere yarn. It's such a nice little shop! Very warm and cozy :) We really should get together sometime, lol, maybe at the shop..they had couches so we can knit/crochet! lol I didn't use a pattern..I saw a photo of a felted bag that I liked, I believe it was the Marvelous Mini bag (just do a search here on crochetville) and figured I could do it without the pattern since I hate reading patterns, lol. It was a great experience and my first "real" felting experience. This one is for my Granny..now my mom wants one! lol

Donna

I up for it!

Donna,

Cute Bag!! I just hooked one very similar to that but mine was not nearly as stiff. Out of curiosity, did you use 2 yarns held together? Or did you just felt the heck out of it? I cant wait to make another one but I'd like to get it a little stiffer.

Thanks in advance

Donna,

Cute Bag!! I just hooked one very similar to that but mine was not nearly as stiff. Out of curiosity, did you use 2 yarns held together? Or did you just felt the heck out of it? I cant wait to make another one but I'd like to get it a little stiffer.

Thanks in advance

I used one strand of Patons Merino, and washed it twice. It looks great..added the lining..I'll add more photos over the next few days :) Good luck with your next felting project. It's addicting!

Donna

Archived