yarn end weaver

dazy

at hobby lobby, i bought a yarn end weaver. it's kinda like a needle threader, but bigger. it's a wire loop with a plastic handle that you push through a few stitches, then put the yarn end through the wire and pull it back through your stitches. it's turned out to be very handy with finishing the motifs for the grandmothers flower garden. and it only cost 2.99.

I just ordered one. I hate, HATE HATE weaving in ends, they always poke out and eventually unravel. If this helps I am all for it! Does it work with all yarn or just the thicker stuff?

ARGH!! 1.26? i'd really feel bad if i hadn't had a coupon and got mine for 1.90.

i've used it on different kinds of yarn and it's worked fine so far. i've done simply soft, ww, and eyelash.

hope it works for you, too.

well i didnt have a coupon and got mine for 2.99:angry. oh well i can't wait to use it!!:yay

well, i think it's worth it and would have bought it even if i hadn't had the coupon. that was just a bonus.:hook

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl Ahhhh, okaaaay. When I first ran across this thread, I didn't have time to click through to the link posted showing this tool, and I was thinking "this would be a cool thing to have!", being one of the teaming masses of crocheters cursing those evil ends! :cheer Finally got a chance to take a look at the thing a few minutes ago, and guess what?

I already have it! :blush

Except, I didn't know that was what it was for! I swear my senior moments are having blonde moments while my blonde moments are having senior ones! :loco

I had thought it was a real fancy "vintage" needle threader - for big needles, since obviously you can't poke this wire through a tiny one. :think I'd found it in one of the sewing boxes filled with odds and ends that I'd inherited from my dmil many years ago. In my defense, since the original packaging was long gone before I'd ever seen it, and it has no identifying markings on it, the only way I could ever have figured it out was to have brains - and those have gone missing! :confused

Next chance I get, I'll have to give this nifty tool a try - the right way! :lol

This is my favorite way of joining also. I was taught it by German nuns, so maybe I'm using the German join.:)

I find it doesn't work well in some projects because it does double the thickness of the yarn for a short length. Some projects the extra thickness really shows.

Interesting. I have been using this method, which is pretty easy and works really well. Russian Join

Archived