I'm in a crochet funk!

I just finished a big project for one of my friends. A baby blanket that required 99 granny squares. So needless to say I never want to make another granny square again...ever.

Well, my problem is that I can't find anything that I want to start. It sounds wierd, but its true. I really want to start another project but just can't find anything that I really want to make. I actually went to Michaels today and walked up and down the yarn aisle for a half hour trying to find a project and then ended up leaving empty handed :eek .

So I was just wondering if anyone had any patterns or ideas that may be fun to do?? I can't stand not having "a project" in progress :lol

I know the feeling. I get that way from time to time. I have been going through my crochet stuff and trying to finish a few of my "THINGS" that should of been done long ago...... Thats working pretty good for me.. Atleast the stuff was started and so I really dont have to much to go on it... LOL

I've just been busy making fun quick things. I've posted some of the things below if you want to take a look. Maybe it will give you some ideas. I got kind of burned out on the big stuff by Christmas and I just wanted to relax for a while. I think it hits all of us at sometime or another. I also go from crocheting to knitting to cross stitch etc. Variety. Just do what you enjoy. Look at magazines and books. Something will strike your fancy! :hook

I just finished a big project for one of my friends. A baby blanket that required 99 granny squares. So needless to say I never want to make another granny square again...ever.

I feel your pain...One year back in the mid 70's I made so many granny squares for an afghan and for a bunch of rib tickler vests, that some 30 years later, I still cringe at the idea of doing a granny square of any kind...

Sounds like you need to take a bit of a breather from crocheting too...not for very long, a few days maybe...and then you might be able to find something you want to work on...

well at least you got it finished:clap

ya could start a single granny n keep going til it is the 'right' size.

I like doing those bc they work up really quick.

**yep, Im impatient and have to SEE my progress**

take care,

angela aka.bayoucritter

Get some books from the library that you can browse through at your leisure. Do a little cruising through Crochet Pattern Central and other sites. Sooner or later you'll find something.

You're probably burned out and need a little mental break anyway.

On a side note, I'm working on the 63 squares, I hope it doesn't drive me batty.

Congratulations on finishing that monster afghan!

I tend to rotate around my crafts - crochet, knitting (a new thing for me, so it's what I'm doing most right now), beading, and paper. When I get bored with one, I look for a project in another.

Maybe you just need a break to read some crochet magazines and books to get inspiration? I second Crochet Pattern Central, or check out CrochetMe or the Craftster crochet board for some fun projects.

I try to give myself permission to just experiment, too. I tend to want to have a project set up to do start to finish, but lately if I start something and it isn't working out, I just drop it. Also, I've been experimenting with swatches to see if anything results in a project.

Good luck!

Thanks for all the ideas!!! I think I found my next project....and *gasp* it has granny squares :think

It just came to me that dh's grandmother is turning 80 this year and we are throwing a big party for her. After searching awhile I found this pattern that I think she would really like. So thats it! My next project (after this) is definitely not going to have any squares in it!!

Kat

My first crochet project when I got back into crochet was a baby afgran with 2 inch granny squres... I still can't make granny squares... The idea of seaming it up still amkes me cring over a year latter. So, I totally understand where you are comming from.

After doing that afgan, I couldn't stand the thought o a new project. I took some srap yarn and sat down and taught msyelf some new stitches and stitch patterns. Soon, I wanted to make something with my new found skills and then I went looking for a pattern that I could use my new found stitch skill with.... Just don't force it, and something will come to you.

Archived