Joann's Sensations Yarn boucle

curibe

Question

Hi guys,

The other day I bought 2 huge skeins of Joann Sensations yarn boucle in a very pretty blue. Well, it doesn't say on the label if it's worsted weight or whatever. It looks thinner than worsted. I want to make a Romanesque wrap that's supposed to be made with Homespun, but Homespun is a bit expensive. Can anyone tell me what weight this yarn. Should I use two strands?

Cristy

9 answers to this question

Well I do know that this is thinner than Bernat Boucle. It is very nice to work with as it self stripes as you work but, IMO it is thinner than WW. Although working holding 2 strands of this stuff might be a pain.

Teresa, that's really pretty. It never occurred to me to use something else with the sensations boucle.:blush

Cristy, I would definitely use 2 strands, if you're wanting it to be as thick as Homespun (JoAnn's have their homespun on sale for 3.44 this week)

Thanks.

If you want it to be as thick as Homespun, you will definitely have to use another yarn with it. I liked the Pound of love because it was a little softer and it worked well with the boulce.

I have wanted to go back and get a blue for me to. Not the baby blue like my pink, but an all over denim looking blue. Is that what you got?

Not sure what weight this yarn is but I'm in the process of making an afghan that requires 2 strands. It's easy to use with 2 strands and the afghan is going to be stunning when it's done! The last afghan I made with this pattern was 2 strands of worsted and when it was done, it was heavy. With the Sensations, it's very "plush" and lighweight!

Archived