Lace & Bobbles Crochetalong

JulieKay

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, olga, if the tea isent doing it, maby you should, I hear that tequila helps you cencentrate. I swear it works, not that I have tried it or anything...uh hummm, anyway.

I jsut finished round 49... on to round f50

Now the truth comes out, Shelain !

If you made it to round 50 and just said Tequila makes you concentrate, we know how you got that far !!!

Maybe our next crochetalong should be called THE TEQUILA CLUB .

Kinda catchy name, isn't it ?:D

Good idea Julie! I think we in the TEQUILA CLUB should do ripple's, the look wonkey anyway so we cant go wrong! hehe

You guys are so funny...:lol I am up to row 14 now and so far....I have a perfect count....now I will see if this square comes out right...Im having luck so far.Sorry for boring and nagging you guys so much about my laces and bobbles...:blah :blah But thanks for listening...For all:roseof you :roseladies :rosewho have listened and listened and listened!!!:hug

Great going, Crystal !

Shelain - Yep, the ripples would be perfect for the Tequila club . They might not all be EVEN ripples, but we wouldn't really care, would we ? Just take another drink and it'll look fine .

Olga- We don't mind listening to you in the least. I think you are a HOOT ! We'd have a pretty big hole in the group without you in here . :lol I think you're gonna be stuck signing up for every crochetalong . You , your "TEA" , your crooked hook and your couch missing a leg . :manyheart

Doggone, OLGA !!

First time I've been called a COMPUTER VIRUS .. :lol

My son in law called me a Piece of Work ( Which I kinda like )

and my brother in law called me a Space Cadet . ( Which is also catchy )

They think they made me mad, but I consider those titles pretty neat myself !:D

I have been coming up with the right stitch count so far.

And irikel...she meant the frog hat. You have to scroll down on the left side or wait for it to come up on the right side. It is ADORABLE!!!

Is there a pattern for that hat? I'd LOVE to make it!!:lol

The frog hat is from Annie's Pattern Club, #19.

There's an auction for it (ending very soon) at ebay right now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Annies-Attic-Pattern-Club-19-Frog-Hat-Baby-Set_W0QQitemZ8252795023QQcategoryZ41234QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The frog hat is from Annie's Pattern Club, #19.

There's an auction for it (ending very soon) at ebay right now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Annies-Attic-Pattern-Club-19-Frog-Hat-Baby-Set_W0QQitemZ8252795023QQcategoryZ41234QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thank you! I just bought it! It will make some great hats. There are a few other things that are too cute too! Love the baby set!:hook

Hi all! Sounds like everyone has had a pretty cheerful weekend :) I'm through Row 40, and have gotten loads of reading done too :eek Hopefully next weekend will be a little more crochet friendly!

http://warmweatherknitting.blogspot.com/2006/01/crochet-away-day.html

JulieKay have your measure your afghan to see how big it is. if you did can. can you tell me the measure , because mine almost covers me up. I'm about 5 ft. the pattern state that is 61" . I think it going to be bigger then that.

thank u.

Hi Crystal -

No I didn't measure my afghan and I already gave it to my daughter in law. It covered the top of my double bed and hung over the edges about an inch or 2 on the sides. It didn't reach clear to the top of the bed, though, maybe about 3/4 of the way up . I thought it turned out pretty big too !

Madelyn

I just went to your blog and looked at your photos ! Wow, you are doing a wonderful job on those afghans. You are really far for doing 2 at a time !

Don't blame you for wanting outside . We have freezing rain here today so it's not a good day to go out. I'm not nearly as talented on the ice as Michelle Kwan, so I think I'd better keep my rear in the house today !

I haven't gotten any stitching in at all on it this weekend. My dh is only home on the weekends, so I tend to want to spend time with him. :hug

I will get more done this week. I'm hoping to finish mine this week. I've got a REALLY busy day today, but hoping to get some stitching on it this afternoon before the kids come home from school.

Madelyn, I LOVE the look of the 2 colors! Might have to do this one again as my dd now loves mine and wants one of her own.

:hook

Madelyn, I love your suade one. Mine is in suade to but my colors arent as nicely coordinated as yours are!

I got through row 51 this weekend, I started babysitting again today so I dont know how much Iwill be able to get done, I now have a 2 and 3 year old to go with my 4yr old and 5 month old......wish me luck!

I didn't get *too* much done this weekend.

I'm on round 56 I think (mine is at home, I'm at work) It's getting pretty colorful, I've run out of certain colors so I'm using whatever I have enough of. This is a really big deal to me -- I'm usually very anal retentive!! In fact, I am - not usually - I just am. So this has been a pretty fun yet terrifying experience for me.

Madelyn

I just went to your blog and looked at your photos ! Wow, you are doing a wonderful job on those afghans. You are really far for doing 2 at a time !

!

Not as far as I'd like to be though. I haven't done anything besides two quick hats since I started this CAL. I don't want to start any other projects either because I'll never get the ghans done.

Thanks for the comments ladies :)

Madelyn

Archived