Anyone tried the Joann's hooks?

LanetteG

I found a set of plastic hooks at Joanns that have sparklies in them. THey are so pretty(after all that's what it's all about right?) and I had gotten one of the sparklie ones online and it's too short for me to use much, but these are a nice length. I think you got 5 hooks for 6.99, but i found them on sale for 4.99 later and got a set for my niece and one for my friend. :clap

A little aside from the subject, but if you don't mind...how short is too short? I'm hearing that long is good for pencil type grips and short is good for toothbrush grippers. But i haven't heard any measurements. What's your preferences? I have a plastic N that i've used as a reference when i started carving. It's about 6". The ones i carve i cut off at whatever length seems right. It works so far but I'd like to see what folks think.. if you don't mind.

A little aside from the subject, but if you don't mind...how short is too short? I'm hearing that long is good for pencil type grips and short is good for toothbrush grippers. But i haven't heard any measurements. What's your preferences? I have a plastic N that i've used as a reference when i started carving. It's about 6". The ones i carve i cut off at whatever length seems right. It works so far but I'd like to see what folks think.. if you don't mind.

6 inches is fine for the smaller hooks, but anything above an N I'd personally like around 7 inches long. My Q is around 6 inches I think, and I hate how my hand hangs over the end. (I'm a knife gripper.)

As far as the hooks, I haven't tried them but I have tried their knitting needles made of the same stuff and I rather like them.

The one that is too short for me is about 5 1/2 inches tip to tip. I have bigger hands and hold my hook both ways to ease the carpel tunnel pain, and I just find that when I do a knife hold it jabs me in the palm of my hand. I love the length of the TUrn of the Century hooks, but some of them have too much embellishment on the end. my hooks from Joanns are 6 inches and that extra 1/2 inch makes all the difference for me.:hook

I love them!! They are kinda hard to read the sizes but if you take a Sharpie marker and run it over the letter it shows up fine. They stay warm in you hand like a wood one and I like the hook shape better than the Crytallites.

:cheer

I saw those the other day and thought they were really pretty (yes, that is what it is all about :) ) So has anybody used them yet??? How do you like them?

Archived