What is your most "Prized Possession" in crochet?

froggy

My Tulip Crochet Hooks that are made in Japan, distributed in Asia and cannot be found elsewhere...It's a kit and I've already lost my 5 & 6 hooks :cry I cannot crochet with any other hook. SB is a far distant second.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reading some others posts about their precious sentimental crochet items, I immediately think of my very first crochet hook. Not only is it special because it was my first, but my grandfather whittled it out of a tree branch on his ranch years ago. He sanded it and waxed it until it was soft and smooth, but it still has that "branch" shape and look to it. It is a large hook, probably about a "P", and my grandmother taught me how to crochet rag rugs with it. I haven't used this special hook for a few years because I haven't made any rugs lately...and I just can't imagine using it for anything else! But every time I see it in my craft drawer it reminds me of my grandfather (he died about 4 years ago, and I still miss him)! It is definitely a precious treasure!:manyheart

My most "prized Possesssion" are my crochet hooks from my grandmother. My mother had them but she's a knitter so when I started to crochet (about 6 months ago) she gave me gramma's hooks. Since I am a newbie I was intimidated by the size (steel hooks sizes 5-0) but I found an easy snow flake pattern and made snowflakes for my aunts and uncles for Christmas. When they found out I used grandma's hooks they were all very touched, one of my uncles was a little teary eyed. It makes me love those hooks even more!

Archived