Swirl Crochet-Along

woolandflax

Yes Debbie, you count the chain 3 as a dc. You should be increasing 3 dc's each row to end with 93 stitches on row 18.

I just now finished the first wedge last night, hoping to finish another tonite. I'm also doing mine with a K hook although I'm making it much larger than the pattern.

Sorry if you have to frog.....:( Do you have pics?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did that too, I frogged the whole thing and then redid it, now I'm still working on the sleeves, but because of the way it's all circular the sleeves are going to be long on the underside and short on the upside. I'm wondering whether to keep going or frog it and forget it? I want to see others before I decide.

O.K. the colors are not that great:shrug they are dark burgandy, light beige tweed, grey tweed, and black tweed. I am still working on the last pie wedge. the yarn is alpaca sooo soft:c9 I think the sleves will be the light beige tweed because thats the only color I have left:eek Let me know what you think:blush swirlsweater001.jpg

swirlsweater001.jpg

swirlsweater003.jpgth_swirlsweater001.jpgswirlsweater001.jpg%5Bimg%5Dswirlsweater001.jpg

swirlsweater001.jpg

swirlsweater001.jpg

It looks great!! :clap I like the colors and can't wait to see one of these on somebody!! Mine isn't for me and I think it will be quite big on me so it won't do any good to wait for my modeling pic. :blush

Hi - I can't believe how fast some of you are...I have two other projects that need completion yesterday but I will try to make the swirl tomorrow...It is a great idea to have people available to help with questions....I will try to get as far as fast as I can....:clap

OMG, just can't wait to see one of these done, I have never done sleeves like this :eek (what am I talking about :think have never done sleeves at all :lol )

welcome JesseCat

I have some yarn in my stash that may work, I have about 12 ounces off a lavender/white combo and also about 12 ounces of plain lavender that may look good together...Problem is the other two projects that I must finish.......

How is everyone doing with their Swirls? I've had to let mine sit for awhile while I worked on things that had deadlines. Now I'm giving myself a deadline on this, it has to be done before the Olympics start!! I have the center swirl done and 1 pie wedge so far. Anyone else have progress to report? I can't wait to see this on someone!!:cheer

I want to see one done, too and I've finally come to realize it's not going to be mine any time soon! I keep getting side-tracked on other projects, but I DO feel guilty about it every time I pick up a crochet hook. Does that count as participating?

I completed the first side, and I'm half-way through the bottom section. Dh is out of town for a couple days, so I can concentrate (i.e. - do nothing else, like cook or clean!) and I hope to have at least one sleeve done by tomorrow night. Anybody else still working on theirs?

I had to get more yarn. ran out when I started the sleeves. it's here, arived in the mail this morning, so I will be starting soon:cheer

Got the body done and sewn! It fits! Couldn't work on it today, had Master Gardener class all day and a meeting tonight. Can't wait to start on the sleeves - maybe later this evening if I'm not too tired. Lookin' goooooood, if I say so myself!

Well, here I am, crocheting along all by myself! LOL I did get a lot of the sleeve done Weds. night. Only I was soooo tired, I messed up the stitch count BAD! Ended up ripping it all out, like a fool just let the yarn pool on the floor, then started crocheting again. Yep, it tangled into a mess! I played with it for a while, then thought, "Ugh! It's under $3! Throw it AWAY and buy more!" And I managed to do it! I'm so proud of myself! I usually hang on to it forever and feel guilty about waste.

Anyway, first sleeve is DONE, second is darn near it, and I hope to finish tonight and do the crochet edging around the whole thing. I will do my best to post a pic!

C'mon, all you other swirlers! Get those hooks going! LOL

I can't wait to see your finished sweater, I only have one sleeve to do and the edging, but since I don't like the way it fits me :blush I've stopped doing it all together!

What to do, do I frog it or finish it as is??? I don't know what to do :think

Archived