Swirl Crochet-Along

woolandflax

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you all about ready to start with me? Where are all my 'alongers? Think I'm starting mine tonight, not in the yarn I wanted but I might make it again when I can get my woolease. For now, I need to use what's already in my stash. Will post a pic tomorrow of any progress. Come on ya'll!:yay

Rebecca, I started mine already, I finished the swirl, started on the lower back part, didn't like it :eek...........I frogged the whole thing, started it again and am now back to where I was the first time........instead of using 4 colors I'm using 3, I didn't like what the 4 colors where going to look like once I got to the bottom and sides.

I didn't realise that each side and the center bottom where all different colors and then the collar was the 4th color.............so I made my swirl so that the bottom back was one color, both sides where one color and the collar will be the third color....Oh boy I hope I like it when it's done.

mine will be navy for the center back, denim for the 2 sides and probably the sleeves...I'm not quite sure yet and off white for the collar.:think

Good luck to you all with yours.......I'll post pictures of what I have done tomorrow :hook

Okay Maria, here's the progress on my Swirl. I've added one more round to the swirl and might add another to make sure it fits the intended recipient.

I plan on doing all the pie wedges in the multicolor yarn, the sleeves in the blue, the collar in the purple and the edging in the tweedy cream. I might get creative and ruffle it a bit as well. Your's is looking good! Anybody else out there started already? Yoo hoo, where are ya'll?

dab6eaca.jpg

Oh and I ended up using all RH yarns except for the cream which is Wool-ease in Natural Heather carried along with a laceweight wool boucle for a tweed effect.

Rebecca I love the colors you chose it looks great!! :manyheart

This is what I have so far and when I tried it on it doesn't fit right. I don't know what to do next I don't want to finish it and never wear it and I really don't want to frog it all the way down to the swirl, so right now I'm going to make something else and think about it for a bit......good luck with yours and keep us posted as to how you're doing with it!!

IMG_0246.jpg

Maria, can you get a picture of you wearing what you have so far? I might be able to help you figure it out if I could see how it's fitting you or not fitting you as the case may be. It's looking good but we want it to fit good too!

Help! I have crochet-paralysis! I farted around w/the yarn, got Light and Lofty, took it back after I realized I couldn't do this pattern in it, got some variegated, a denim blue, and 2 beige's, printed out the pattern, figured out how to do the magic circle (love it, by the way! New to me.), now each evening, I arrange it all, look at it, and then put it away!

What is the MATTER with me? This is the first project I've ever done for myself and I REALLY want to wear this doggone thing! Somebody come whack me with a stick! LOL

Question for Maria - yours is how I picture mine, sorta. The cream is the collar part, right? How do you know you are putting the cream in the right place or does it matter? Do you know what I'm asking? I think this is the part that's holding me up - I know how I want it to look and am not sure how to achieve it!

What is the MATTER with me? This is the first project I've ever done for myself and I REALLY want to wear this doggone thing! Somebody come whack me with a stick! LOL

Question for Maria - yours is how I picture mine, sorta. The cream is the collar part, right? How do you know you are putting the cream in the right place or does it matter? Do you know what I'm asking? I think this is the part that's holding me up - I know how I want it to look and am not sure how to achieve it!

That's what a CAL is all about, supporting each other to get going on it, so get the yarn out and get going on it...

As for placement of colors, yes the cream is the collar, what I did was I used only 3 colors instead of 4...I wanted the 2 front sides to be the same color so I did the dark blue, denim, cream, denim...when I finished the swirl I made sure to start with the dark blue and did the bottom, then I did one side, then the collar, then the other side. I made sure the cream was in the collar position.

I hope that answers your question :hook

grrlsmom, you CAN DO THIS!!! WHACK!! WHACK!!!! :devil There did that help at all? :D Just don't think about the wedges yet, enjoy making the swirly part first. Sometimes when you try and figure the pattern out before you start on it, you just end up confusing yourself!! I'm sure it will become more clear to you as you go and if not, let us know!! :hug

I started it! And thanks for the whacks, Rebecca! Couldn't have done it without ya! LOL I'm using 4 colors, I'm on about row 6 now and it's going quickly. I had dd3 take pics of me and my 'helper', hope to post tomorrow. It's actually very relaxing, going around and around . . .

O.K.:) I got some alpaca yarn on ebay for my wool swap:D and got enough for me:devil to make this sweater, I can't wait for this to get here.:blush

First time for me:yay also, If I wasn't part of the swap, I wouldn't have bought it (you know how it goes, can't buy yarn for someone else and not me):devil

So how's everyone doing with their sweaters?? I've decided that after leaving mine for a week I may pick it up again and finish making the sleeves. I think I'll finish a couple more WIP's and then finish the sweater! :hook

I want to see pictures of someone elses, Rebecca how's yours, your swirl was looking great, who's the rest of it coming?

well, don't have any new progress yet to post. :( Been very busy spinning and dyeing and taking down the tree, and homeschooling , and , and , etc....

I will try to get the wedges done by the end of the weekend though. Can't wait to finish it and run the whole thing thru the washer with some fabric softener. RH is so much better with some Downey!!;)

That may be what mine needs is a good run through the wash, I find the back wedge, under the swirl doesn't fall the way I want it to it's kind of stiff, after a wash it may fall better, that's a good idea about running through the wash with with downy!!:hook

• 2 weeks later...

O.K. I have the yarn:clap I am using two strands together, because it is a thin alpaca, burgandy, beige tweed, greay tweed, and a black tweed. I am also using a 7.5mm hook. I have the swirl all done ( O.K. on last row) If any of you that are making it in a large could tell me what your piece measure that would be helpful. I just hope I got enough yarn :scrachin I will post a picture when I can

O.K. I didn't like the way this looked soooo I frogged it :angry and changed to a K hook. now I have the swirl and three sides done:clap It's coming out great, sooo soft, :heart and the colors are great :wbrr with all the snow:snow that we are getting I just have to finish this, it's soo nice and warm

O.K. ? do you count the ch3 in the pie wedge as a dc st. ?:ohdear when I got to row 18, I have more stiches then I should have :eek for row 2, 42 st + 3 for inc + ch three (should I have 46 altogether?):( HELP!! do I now have to frog the three sides that I have done:worried

Archived