Fulled hat

natalie058

Here's a hat I fulled a few days ago:

fa279224.jpg

It's made out of LB Fisherman's wool, holding 2 strands together. The top part is crocheted with an 8mm hook, and the brim is crocheted with a 10mm hook. Originally it was about 14in diameter at the crown, I'd say - I have before pics but they're on real film, not yet developed. Post-washer, it's closer to 10in. I just washed it on hot/cold for one cycle with a good splash of vinegar and 2 pr of shoes... It came out so well, I couldn't have hoped for better.

Here's a pic with it on my head:

ba58aad0.jpg

sorry for the crappy pic, it was taken in a mirror. :blush

This turned out really lovely!! Congratulations on it, soooome day I'll try fulling/felting (is there a difference between the two??), but for now I enjoy seeing everyone's accomplishments!

Um, I'm pretty sure i used the pattern from the LB catalog, for their cloche in homespun, but it's really just a basic circle until it reaches 66 stitches, I believe, it will look so huge! then straight down until it covers your face, LOL, then switch to larger hook and increase as explained in pattern. I used 8mm and 10mm hooks, tho, not 9mm and 10mm as suggested in the pattern - i think my brim looks wavier this way?

Also - I did NOT finish like the LB pattern did, with sl st, I just made the brim as long as i wanted, maybe 2in, and then rev. sc back along it to make a nice sturdy edge.

You can find the pattern at their website, for some reason I don't know how to link to them.

Archived