Homespun New Look Stripes vs the old Homespun yarn?

kellywombat

I bought a whole boat load of Homespun New Look yarn and just pulled it out for a prayer shawl that I needed to make.  However, I noticed that this new Homespun isn't quite as lofty or soft as the old Homespun?  

Anyone have any thoughts on this?  Wondering if I'm just being too picky?  

Probably should have known better since I got all this yarn for a steal!  

Just wondering... 

Thanks for any input...

Kelly 

So now I have two huge boxes of the Homespun New Look Stripes yarn that I originally bought to make prayer shawls with.  I thought the only difference was the packaging.  The yarn is definitely easier to work with, but I'm not sure I really like it for the prayer shawls.  It seems as though they have already discontinued this yarn.  I should have paid more attention to the description when I bought it I guess.  My mistake for buying it online! 

2 hours ago, kellywombat said:

So now I have two huge boxes of the Homespun New Look Stripes yarn that I originally bought to make prayer shawls with.  I thought the only difference was the packaging.  The yarn is definitely easier to work with, but I'm not sure I really like it for the prayer shawls.  It seems as though they have already discontinued this yarn.  I should have paid more attention to the description when I bought it I guess.  My mistake for buying it online! 

Don't despair. There's some shawl patterns on Lion Brand's site for this yarn. Maybe they would work for you. Such as the Diagonal Eyelet Shawl which is pretty and looks like it would crochet up fast.

Edited by ReniC
  • Like 1