Fun Autumn theme patterns

NCcountrygal

Interesting, thanks!  Not sure about the belt, but I could see it as hair decor, or maybe adorning an existing hat, crochet or otherwise (I watch too many old movies, 'the girl with the tutti-frutti hat' just popped into my head typing that).

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Granny Square said:

Interesting, thanks!  Not sure about the belt, but I could see it as hair decor, or maybe adorning an existing hat, crochet or otherwise (I watch too many old movies, 'the girl with the tutti-frutti hat' just popped into my head typing that).

I was thinking it would work for a country hayride, corn maze walk, autumn festival.  Maybe, for a Thanksgiving gathering as a converstaion piece.  Not my style.  😁

20 hours ago, ReniC said:

The Fall patterns would look nice on a wreath or sitting in a bowl for a table decoration. 

I agree.  Table decor piece would be my inclination.  In a basket would be cute.  Little pumpkins and acorns and the sunflower maybe on the basket.  I know a gal who is making pine straw bowls and these items would be the perfect touch.

3 hours ago, Granny Square said:

The gnome is hilarious - I was expecting a pumpkin body and gnome rest-of-him. (edit, the second gnome link)

That's a good idea for the pumpkin body too. Love the cute patterns on that site.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Granny Square said:

I just re-visited the site, I neglected to scroll all the way to the bottom the first time-- so many funny gnomes, even one to keep you company watching football!!  I may have to visit my leftover scrap balls of yarn...

The Thanksgiving couple caught my interest.  Crochet Pilgrim Gnome Free Crochet Pattern - Winding Road Crochet

and then I saw the Fall one with the sunflowers on the hat.  Like both of them!

Edited by NCcountrygal

15 hours ago, Granny Square said:

:sigh so many cute patterns, so little time!  All of them make me smile :hook  Thanks for calling our attention to them.

So true.  I fell for the sunflower gnome and bought the pattern along with the Thanksgiving couple.  She has quite a collection theme to choose from.  

I just ran across this (not free) gnome pattern on Ravelry (was in the recently added patterns area) and nearly fell off my chair laughing. 

The way the ornaments are arranged, my first glance 'read' the white ornament below his eyes as his nose, and red one below that as his tongue sticking out; a little too much holiday wassailing, apparently. 

Edited by Granny Square
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Granny Square said:

I just ran across this (not free) gnome pattern on Ravelry (was in the recently added patterns area) and nearly fell off my chair laughing. 

The way the ornaments are arranged, my first glance 'read' the white ornament below his eyes as his nose, and red one below that as his tongue sticking out; a little too much holiday wassailing, apparently. 

Tipsy.  lol  Looks like a wine glass being held on the right hand.