Cable Shoulder Bag

shuttlebuggy

🐿🌲Summer time always includes lots of time at camp! This will be my new bag for WIPS I take there to work on. I used varigated Red Heart Super Saver 1 large skein in Camo, wooden beads, & fabric all from my stash. Pattern ~ "Chain Stripe Shoulder Bag" from:  "kathyscrochetcloset" on Etsy (She uses several colors for stripe effect). The stitch pattern works up very similar to a Jacob's Ladder throw I made a few years back. I even had enough supplies to create a base support to slip in the bottom! 🌲️🐿collage1654904251064.thumb.jpg.f00d73ed29eeb755f6a0fbbaf27d8aa4.jpg

Edited by shuttlebuggy
  • Like 1

Thanks everyone!😊 It was fun to do and the lining was pretty easy too. I machine sew together after drawing template pattern with 1/2" seam allowances on all side pieces and bottom base piece. I fold & press the 1/2" seam allowance over to the wrong side of fabric on the top of lining once sewn together. Insert into bag below drawstring eyelet holes. Pin in place and hand sew in place.

15 minutes ago, shuttlebuggy said:

Thanks everyone!😊 It was fun to do and the lining was pretty easy too. I machine sew together after drawing template pattern with 1/2" seam allowances on all side pieces and bottom base piece. I fold & press the 1/2" seam allowance over to the wrong side of fabric on the top of lining once sewn together. Insert into bag below drawstring eyelet holes. Pin in place and hand sew in place.

Easier said than done, especially for us sewing challanged people.:rofl