Sc border on washcloth.

gemlovesjasper

Question

3 answers to this question

Hi Gemlovesjasper, I assumed the same as Bgs because sides are the...not difficult, but 'different' part.

I didn't look at the whole video, but one thing I'm noticing in the photo - notice how the yellow-brown edge isn't penetrating the same depth into the side of the beige square.  This is normal because of the nature of 'stitch sides', but maybe a bit unsightly when you are edging in a different color.  (if you are edging in the same color, it blends in so not an issue).  (I'm sure the video maker did this on purpose, to make the edge stitches more visible for the demonstration)

To avoid this unsightly transition, the trick is to edge all the way around in the same color as the square first, THEN edge in the contrast color.  This causes the contrast color to be made into stitch tops all around, and look all nice and even.

To avoid this unsightly transition, the trick is to edge all the way around in the same color as the square first, THEN edge in the contrast color.  This causes the contrast color to be made into stitch tops all around, and look all nice and even.

@Granny Square.  Excellent advice.  She did say in this video that she was using a different colour to illustrate just how to do this edging but you should do the first row of SC in the colour of the project. 

Edited by Horsy