Pot Holders

Useless

Question

Hi there. I'm looking for a lovely pattern that I used many years ago to crochet pot holders. They were circular, varied colours and they had what looked like lge folds around them. Can anyone help me please? Sorry I can't be anymore precise.

15 answers to this question

16 hours ago, Useless said:

Hi there. I'm looking for a lovely pattern that I used many years ago to crochet pot holders. They were circular, varied colours and they had what looked like lge folds around them. Can anyone help me please? Sorry I can't be anymore precise.

https://www.maggiescrochet.com/products/vintage-redwork-potholders-crochet-pattern-1
or the page that contains numerous Vintage potholders
https://www.maggiescrochet.com/collections/potholder-patterns

• Like 1

Hi, by lge do you mean large (in case it was a typo for something else).  What came to mind is post stitches, (raised stitches), radiating out from the center; in fact I think I made one like that (checks potholder drawer) yes, I did; I'll see if I can find the pattern or something similar.  Be back in a bit.

I could not find the exact pattern I used, but this appears almost identical to what I was thinking of.  

But while I was looking for that one, I ran across this one, which I also made (or one just like it), which better fits your description of 'folded'.  This one I don't use as a pot holder because it is not solid, but I do use it as a trivet to put on the table under a hot casserole dish.

Hello again. Please don't apologise. My description is pants. Rather than folds as such it has what I would describe as ruffle type edges? Not frilly though. They undulate. Hills and valleys.... I'm sorry its so vague. I think it was an Annie's pattern originally? I'm SO grateful for your help.

Did your autocorrect possibly blurt out the wrong thing, and you meant pleats, not pants?  I looked in Ravelry patterns under potholder + pleat and 2 came up, one was the same as the second one I linked, the second was a "hot place mat" done in thread-link.  Could that be it?

Ha ha bless you. My auto correct has a mind of its own. Thinking back it was more a case of the outer rows of the bigger part was hills and valleys? It was so nicely designed that as you completed each row the mounds fell slightly to the left or right. I think it might have been a pattern from annies attic? Sadly I'm unable to find it on there. I have sent them a message so hopefully they'll come back to me.

I am TRULY grateful for your efforts. The extra patterns are terrific to, thank you x

Hi ladies. Thank you ALL very much for ALL your help. Diana? Especially yourself as you have come up trumps. Thank u. You've very kindly put me out of my misery and enabled me to make this delightful design for a friend who gifted me some yarn and a new hook.

• Thanks 1

On 12/5/2021 at 3:55 PM, Useless said:

Hello again. Another lovely person has hit the jackpot. The link I've enclosed. I truly can't thank you enough for your efforts

https://transactions.sendowl.com/orders/98391664/download/bdca6be93c98e9a1b17e2b101b30fa5a/file?product_id=32956

So I was randomly browsing this morning and I happened to take a look at this pattern.  It is absolutely gorgeous, but am I reading it right that those are done with thread?  Holy moly, that's a little crazy IMHO, but I've only been crocheting about 3 years.  I'm thinking more along the lines of WW cotton and F or G hook.  I detest those steel hooks 😅  If any pf y'all have done this with thread I'd love to see it though 🧡

I've made them they are beautiful.

I hated thread hooks when I started crocheting.  I felt like I was crocheting with embroidery needles.  I found them very hard to hold.  One thing that helped me are the various brands of ergonomic thread hooks on the market that still have the tiny hooks but the handles are longer and about the standard size of your regular crochet hooks.  I've found this has made thread crochet more manageable.  It is still not my first choice in projects but I've taken on projects I'd never have tried prior to using different hooks.

Springtime Patriotic Potholder

Edited by Bailey4