Has anyone seen a good pattern for Peter Rabbit amigurumis?

magicmau5

I have no idea which pattern you saw on Ravelry.  You might want to include a link if you have something specific in mind.

There are 2 issues of Simply Crochet that you can buy the digital issues through Ravelry that have Peter Rabbit Patterns.  The patterns are included as part of their supplements.  It is a UK magazine so the directions are UK crochet terms

Simply Crochet issue 95

Peter Rabbit

Jemina Puddle Duck

Mrs. Tiggy-Winkle

Benjamin Bunny

Simply Crochet issue 110

Tom Kitten

Samuel Whiskers

Mr. Jeremy Fisher

Squirrel Nutkin

That's the first link I posted from Simply Crochet issue 95.  You can buy a digital issue of the magazine through Ravelry or you can I believe buy the digital copies from the magazine company.  I find it easier to get them from Ravelry because they stay in my library and I can find them later if I misplace the copy I downloaded.

As I said the magazine is issue 95.  The supplement you want comes with the magazine.

To the best of my knowledge the patterns are not available directly from the designer at this point.  At some point the rights may revert back to the designer and be available to purchase as individual patterns.  For the time being unless you can find a second hand printed copy in the US, which can be challenging because its a UK publication, your best bet is a digital copy of the magazine from the publisher directly or the publisher offering it on Ravelry through the link I gave you above.

I don't know if you've ever seen Simply Crochet Magazine but I've been getting it sporadically as a subscripton from the UK for over a year and they credit me when one doesn't arrive and I end up purchasing the e-magazine on Ravelry when the mail loses it.  If you aren't familiar with the magazine format there is a regular magazine and generally some kind of extra.  The last one had crochet clips, I've gotten hooks, etc.  They also have additional supplements from time to time which are a separate booklet with themed patterns.  I have the 2 Peter Rabbit ones along with a dino one that I love.  They've been others that didn't suit me but that's the way of all magazines. 

When you get the e-magazine you don't get the extras but you do get a complete copy of the digital magazine and the supplement if there is one for that issue.

Edited by Bailey4

3 hours ago, magicmau5 said:

I saw a pattern for Peter Rabbit amigurumis on Ravelry but they didn't include a link to buy it. So I've been thinking about where to find it...

Free pattern
https://cutelittlecrochetandfamily.com/
Search page of peter rabbit on etsy
https://www.etsy.com/market/peter_rabbit_amigurumi_crochet_patterns

PDF of Peter and friends
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1106020829/amigurumi-peter-rabbit-and-friends

Cute!  Hmmm more projects to add to my forever growing list.  Maybe in the Spring....

Thanks guys for your replies! I don't know if I will end up buying it or not...I'm already making 3 amigurumis this holiday season and I spent a lot of money on related materials. The seated Bernie Sanders amigurumi pattern (the inauguration style with warm woolen mittens that went viral) I bought recently calls for embroidery floss, craft wire, wire cutters, and other odds and ends that I went and purchased on Amazon. I didn't buy the craft wire cutting kit recommended by the pattern because I didn't want to spend an extra $15 and when I could just buy the amigurumi on Amazon directly for about $25...the yarn itself was already close to that, and including the other materials it's close to $50 for the first amigurumi, and less for another doll of the same pattern. I never realized craft supplies were so expensive until recently. Welp...

On 11/24/2021 at 4:05 PM, NCcountrygal said:

Free pattern
https://cutelittlecrochetandfamily.com/
Search page of peter rabbit on etsy
https://www.etsy.com/market/peter_rabbit_amigurumi_crochet_patterns

PDF of Peter and friends
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1106020829/amigurumi-peter-rabbit-and-friends

Cute!  Hmmm more projects to add to my forever growing list.  Maybe in the Spring....

Thanks! I might get the pdf on Etsy then. I really like the look of these Peter Rabbit amigurumis. They are very close to the look of the books I read as a child.

5 hours ago, magicmau5 said:

Thanks guys for your replies! I don't know if I will end up buying it or not...I'm already making 3 amigurumis this holiday season and I spent a lot of money on related materials. The seated Bernie Sanders amigurumi pattern (the inauguration style with warm woolen mittens that went viral) I bought recently calls for embroidery floss, craft wire, wire cutters, and other odds and ends that I went and purchased on Amazon. I didn't buy the craft wire cutting kit recommended by the pattern because I didn't want to spend an extra $15 and when I could just buy the amigurumi on Amazon directly for about $25...the yarn itself was already close to that, and including the other materials it's close to $50 for the first amigurumi, and less for another doll of the same pattern. I never realized craft supplies were so expensive until recently. Welp...

If you're just getting started in a new craft, it can be expensive until you have some of the basics that you'll use over and over. I definitely have purchased a completed item on etsy or elsewhere because there were too many components to purchase to make it, or I just didn't want to deal with all the little details of making it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, magicmau5 said:

Thanks! I might get the pdf on Etsy then. I really like the look of these Peter Rabbit amigurumis. They are very close to the look of the books I read as a child.

I bought the pattern.  😁  Cute as Spring table decorations or hang on my fake tree.  Plus, to gift to children. 

8 hours ago, magicmau5 said:

I agree.  Items, supplies can add up pretty quickly.  If something requires much more than what I have on hand; it'll be the deciding factor on whether I really want it.