Crochet tank pattern

jengie

Question

6 answers to this question

Welcome to the 'ville!  That sort of style (granny squares) was all the rage 50 years ago (yikes!) when I learned to crochet.

That particular example looks to be nothing more than a tube of assembled 3-round granny squares, and the straps (I'm not a member of Pinterest so can't look closer to confirm) appear to be rows maybe 1" across of US DC (but personally for a garment I'd use SC, more rows but I think it would stretch less and you don't want stretchy straps).  The hard part would be getting the fit right, it needs to be pretty right-on, you might need to tweak 1 side of squares at the 'side seams'. 

Let me see if I can find a similar pattern...

The closest I found was this one, sort of the same feel but 6-sided motifs of different sizes. 

https://www.garnstudio.com/pattern.php?id=488&cid=17 - Garnstudio says it uses DK/Worsted weight yarn and a US E hook so I'm thinking probably closer to DK, and this (whatever pattern you choose) is something you'd want to get the gauge exactly right on.

Ah!  Bgs has replied with a closer example.  It also has buttons, which I was thinking about on the original (would likely need buttons to fit), but they were not visible and would be a pain if they were in the back.

Edited by Granny Square